Chapter Thirty One♥

Start from the beginning

"I can't believe you came for me." he said hoarsely.

"I..." I huffed against his warm chest as I tried to understand my own actions, "I couldn't just leave you."

"You're shivering." Jared noticed, his hands running up my arms. "Come on, my parents are staying in a hotel down the road, I've got my own room." I started to shake my head and he rushed to add, "We can just sit outside, I don't expect you to come in don't worry."

I nodded, "Could you not have called your parents to come and get you?"

Jared rubbed his eyes and shook his head, "It's complicated."

"I'm starting to think everything is complicated with you." I mumbled under my breath.

Jared wordlessly took off his blazer and wrapped it around my shoulders before he grabbed my hand and led me down the road. I stared down at our entwined hands and he seemed to notice.

"Is this ok?" He questioned hesitantly, his thumb brushing along the back of my hand.

"I don't know." I answered honestly, "This is all a bit confusing."

Jared nodded and reluctantly let go of my hand. I crossed my arms and tried to ignore the pit in my stomach. I had so many questions and I didn't know which one to ask first, I didn't even know if I wanted to ask Jared anything.

We walked down the road for another ten minutes, Jared sneaking glances at me whenever he could. We made it to a hotel, a large and looming building with a large sign that read 'The Grosvenor'. The doorman eyed us suspiciously as Jared pulled me to sit on a bench opposite the hotel.

"Looks fancy." I said, motioning to the hotel.

"Only the best for the Feltons." Jared responded bitterly.

I rubbed my eyes and tried not to think about how tired I would be the next day, I had maths first lesson too which only made it worse. I tried not to think about what would happen if my parents were to wake up and realise I wasn't in bed, my life wouldn't be worth living.

The bench was cold against the thin fabric of joggers and I shivered into Jared's blazer. I pulled it tighter against my body and tried to ignore how good it smelt.

We sat in silence but the air was thick with tension. It seemed neither of us knew what to say.

"Why am I here Jared?" I finally asked.

Jared sighed and rested his head in his hands.

"This is so fucked up," he hissed against his hands, "I'm so sorry Jade."

"What the hells going on Jared?" I snapped tiredly, "I really hope you didn't drag me here in the middle of the night just to freeze my arse off on a bench with you." 

"I just feel..." Jared trailed off as he looked up at the dark sky, "I don't even know." his voice broke slightly.

"Is this because of that woman? Nicole?" I guessed.

Jared pursed his lips before he nodded.

"Do you love her? Is that what this is?" I questioned desperately. I swallowed hard at the thought of Jared being in love with that beautiful woman.

"No," he denied venomously, "She ruined our lives."

"What do you mean?" I pressed, "Can you please stop speaking in riddles and just tell me what's going on? I'm tired, I'm cold and I'm beyond confused." I ran my hand over my eyes.

This boy exhausted me.

Jared ran his hands through his hair before he fumbled in his pockets. He lit a cigarette with shaking hands. I watched as he exhaled the smoke, his eyes fluttering closed as he enjoyed the poison.