06. Carnival

[name] was up early as Haizaki and Hakuji had woken her up. It was the day of the performance, and [name] wasn't looking forward to going to school at all. She was seen sitting on her bed, still clad in her sweatpants and an oversized shirt. Her hair was still messy, and her eyes were half-opened.

She was tired.

She hadn't been able to go out and wreak havoc as well since Mitsuri and the other girls had been coming over to accompany her for the nights she would be alone. She then heard a knock on the door, and she raised an eyebrow.

In came Haizaki and she wondered since when did he start knocking on doors.

"Don't give me that look as if I've been possessed," he muttered out and [name] smiled a little in response. Haizaki then could only look at [name] and shook his head.

"Get ready, we need to leave soon. We'll have breakfast at school," and [name] nodded in response as she soon got out of her bed and went to wash up. Haizaki then sighed and look at the bed [name] was sitting upon. A sad smile appeared on his lips as he realized how messy it was.

A clear sign that she hadn't been able to sleep well at all.

.

.

"Aren't you a little too quiet?" Hakuji asked as he was walking beside [name] while Haizaki was on the opposite side of her. [name] then pressed her lips together in a thin line and shook her head in response.

She was too quiet, it was obvious that something was wrong with her. Yet, the duo decided to not question it and continued their way down the pavement, leading to their school. They could see many of their schoolmates frantically running towards the school.

All preparing for the carnival.

Haizaki's eyes then widened when he felt [name] grabbing hold of his hand in hers, and held it tightly. It had been quite some time ever since she held his hand, and he couldn't help but smile a little at her actions.

Yet, there was an ominous feeling within her heart. She felt something bad was going to happen, and knowing that Haizaki would be the first to protect her, she wanted to feel secure and decided to grasp his hand in hers.

"Ah, what the fuck is Ume doing again with Koyuki?!" Hakuji muttered out as they neared the school, only to see Ume talking to Koyuki who looks extremely frightened.

[name] had on a soft smile as she looked at Hakuji who immediately stood in front of Koyuki, and protected her from Ume, whereas her older brother, Gyutaro was getting pretty annoyed at what his younger sister was doing

"I guess Hakuji-nii-san found someone he loves," [name] whispered out and Haizaki hummed in response. [name]'s eyes then widened when she spotted someone familiar amongst the public crowd that was entering the school.