Living with the Heartbreaker (Sample)

Start from the beginning

Then he released me and walked back into his room.  I stood there for a second thinking about what he had just said, how my father could have mixed up his name. Could that be true, could he have mixed the lettering up? He did say he never talked to the person only exchange emails and got the info to make sure it was a safe place to live. It still didn’t make sense, he would never let me live with some guy he didn’t know.

I pulled out my phone and dialed my father’s number, “April, did you make it in alright?” he answered with worry in his voice. It seemed that sensed my cousin Brandon was shot protecting his wife Kami, my father had become little more protective of me.  He had even tried talking me into staying home and going to a community college there and not some place that was five hours away.

“Yes dad, I found the place just fine, but I need to ask you something about the apartment you found,” I said, knowing that he wasn’t going to be too happy about this situation. “Is there by any chance you could have mixed up person’s name for a guy’s name and not a girl’s name?”

“What do you mean honey?” He question with uncertainty in his voice.

“On the sheet you gave me it states my roommate’s name is Christina but the person living here name is Christian.” I informed him, sitting down on the couch know he would soon be yelling down the phone, telling me to come home.

“Hold on a second and let me overlook the emails again,” he replies. I could hear the worries is in his voice as I overheard his typing. “Here it is Christina James, twenty years old, a junior in college looking for a roommate.  Works as a bartender down at the strip near the college.” He read off to me, only to tell me that my theory was true.

“Dad, please look a little closer at the name,” I said, hanging my head down wanting for him to finally see his mistakes. When I finally heard the first curse word come from the other line that was my cue that he finally got it.

“April Michelle Mitchell, you come home right now!” he yelled into the phone to the point that I had to hold it back from my ear. “I’m not going to have my only daughter, child, living with some unknown guy.”

“Dad, please come down. I’ve already met the guy and he’s not all that bad.” I lied, not wanting him to know he sent me right into the arms of a player. “He was very welcoming and was apologetic for the mix up. Plus, you have already paid the rent and it’s too late to find somewhere else with tomorrow being registration day.”

“No April, I want you home so I know you’re safe. I’ll send Brandon out there to help you repack if needed.” He reply. I knew it wasn’t the smartest move, calling my father about this, but I didn’t feel the need to drag my cousin into it. If Brandon showed up here he take one look at this Christian guy and knew I had lied to my father and cause all sorts of problems.

“There’s no need to bring Brandon into this, Dad. He still is dealing with Kami leaving him and let’s not forget he’s also still recovering from the bullet wounds.” I told him, taking a deep breath. “Dad, I’ll just stay here till the end of the semester, I’m sure everything will be fine. If this guy tries anything with me, I’ll just put him in his place. You have nothing to worry about.”

“Honey, I don’t think that such a great idea,” he commented back. “We don’t know anything about this guy.”

“Then do a background check. It’s that way you became a cop, to keep the big bad wolves away from your daughter. I’m surprised you didn’t do one to start off before you sent me out to live here.” I laughed into the phone, which made him laugh back with me. “If he has a dirty record, I’ll come home, but if it’s clean I get to stay.” I try to negotiate with him.

“Alright, deal, but if something happens, you call me or Brandon immediately.  You know how I feel about these kind of things.” He reminded me. With my father being a cop, he always made it seem that all guys were nothing but trouble and looking to treat women badly.  With Brandon always going in and out of the police station before he was married to Kami, didn’t help with my father theory much either.

“Yes, Dad, I know. There’s no need to worry, I’m a tough girl and can handle someone treating me badly. I’m going to let you get back to work and go and unpack now.” I announced, letting out a deep sigh.

“Ok honey, be safe. I’ll talk to you soon, love you.” he said, before mumbling how he should have done a background check and not just trust his intuition, which made me giggle a little.

“Love you also Dad, talk to you later.” I reply back before hanging up the phone and looking over to see Christian leaning against his bedroom door frame with his arm cross over his chest. “What?” I snapped at him.

“Nothing, I was just amused watching you try to ensure your father that everything going to be fine here.” he said now walking over to me. “From what I can tell you and I are going to have a blast living together, but I have to ask who this Brandon guy is and where can I find this girl Kami, who left him. I love to help her mend her broken heart.” He laughed before walking out the door. Leaving me to only think this guy had to be some sort of player.

It didn't take a genius to know a guy with blond hair and blue eyes with a body to kill walked around thinking he was god's gift to women. Plus the way he had grabbed me telling to tell me who he was and how my father had mistaken his name for a girl's just reassured me that I was right about this guy. I might have agreed to life with the Heartbreaker, but I wasn't going to fall for his tricks.

Coming March 2015

This is just a sample of the spin off story to Married to the Bad Boy in Brandon's cousin April pov. the story will be post in my new account Letty_Scott. The link is in my profile for those who want to read it. Thanks again for all your support with Married to the Bad Boy and for those who read the new story I hope you all enjoy the new story has well.