Love 'N' stuff [Original slash] {02}

Start from the beginning

Seconds later came the routine timid knock on my door – it was only the second day I'd known Freddie and already I'd stormed out on some argument with him three times – and I grunted, letting Benny know it was okay to come in. He peeped inside before walking in and closing the door gently behind him. He's so little and careful all the time. The polar opposite to me.

Benny sat on the edge of my bed and started playing with the hem of my jeans leg absently. I'm not really sure how I feel about how familiar he's gotten, but half the time I don't even notice it, so I guess it's okay.

'Are you alright?' he asked eventually.

'It will take more than some backwater hick with grudge and a gay accent to upset me.'

Benny flinched; I knew he didn't like when I used "gay" as a derogatory term. He hasn't told me anything about his home life, but I'm guessing it wasn't extremely pleasant. I, on the other hand, acquired a "bad boy" image accidentally somewhere along the way, so when I started making out with guys as well as girls, nobody really even raised an eyebrow. Being gay is a big deal for Benny, I think it probably took a long time for him to even accept it in himself. He doesn't like when people make fun of it.

I grunted an apology, not looking at him, but I sensed his big, wide smile all the same.

'I like their accent,' he said happily, shoving my legs to the side so he could scoot backwards on the bed and lean his back against the wall.

'S'not all you like,' I muttered, glancing at him to see him blush pink. Oh Jesus, I thought, next we'll do each other's make up and watch Twilight.

'Shut up,' he muttered, looking down at his knees, and I couldn't help but grin. He was so cute.

Matt

'I missed what happened,' I said lightly, as I leaned against the fridge, my arms crossed over my chest. 'What started it this time?'

Freddie muttered something unintelligible as he ripped the lid off a Pot Noodle and flipped the switch on the kettle.

'Hmm?' I asked mildly, raising an eyebrow.

'I don't know, okay?' he turned to glare at me for a second before returning his attention his supper. 'I can't remember.'

'Interesting. Would you just admit you fancy the arse off him so you can jump his bones and get this all over with?'

This time he turned to glare at me properly. 'I do not,' he said, enunciating clearly, 'like Jack Fox.'

'Liar,' I responded easily, grinning. I can get away with a lot where Freddie is concerned that nobody else can.

'We are not talking about this,' he said, his tone final, as he poured boiling hot water in on top of the solidified noodles and started to make his way to the living room. Just as we sat down, the door opened and Benny and Jack traipsed in, dropping onto their couch as Jack grabbed the TV control from the table and flicked on the X Factor Results Show.

I shot Freddie a warning look, anticipating his loud groan of annoyance, and he clamped his mouth shut, turning to look at the TV. Fuck it, it wasn't like there was anything else on.

We sat through live performances from Usher and the previous year's winner, Freddie occasionally slurping his noodles a little too loudly, but thankfully Jack's attention seemed to be firmly on the television. Finally it was time to announce who would be going through to next week's show, and Jack tensed up visibly. Jeez, who knew he was so into the X Factor?

The lights on stage dimmed so only the contestants and the presenter were visible, and the guy started naming the acts who had gotten enough votes to survive.