"She looks like she's into it too. Like a lot." John, one of our friends, says making an on point observation as the rest of the group agrees. I take a swing of my drink and make the decision to look for Tommy to say hi, feeling a lot curious about all this talk about him and Erica. I'm sure they are as good as the others make them to be, I trust Britney's judgement on this a lot and I have seen first hand how he talks about her.

"Alright I'll catch you later, I'm gonna walk around a bit." I tell them gesturing my drink to them as a cheers.

"Ooh are you gonna crash here afterwards?" Britney asks me as I've already started to step away.

"Um, I'm not sure I'll let you know for sure later." I tell her before we exchange nods and I walk away.

I walk around for a short while greeting a couple of people I know well and finishing my drink and picking up a new one on my way to the backyard. The heated pool is on with steam coming out of it and occupied by a couple of couples and a large friend group. I take a look around and find Tommy and Erica standing a little further by the pool amongst a small crowd. Tommy sees me and gestures to me to go over there.

"Hey Vic." He calls me and hugs me briefly greeting me before I turn my attention to his date.

"Hey." She says and waves her hand politely at me which is a nice surprise.

"Hi." I tell her and take a quick look at her all dressed up nicely, exactly like Tommy likes. "Cool shoes." I comment posting at her lolita type heels.

"Thanks!" She says smiling. "I like your top." She says, ponting at my red transparent long sleeve crop top with a gold snake design vertically across it, putting me at ease about how our evening will evolve. She seems to be really making an effort for Tommy's sake as am I. Makes me gain some more respect for her.

In the mean time Tommy has wrapped his arm around her shoulders which instantly made her loosen up and feel more comfortable. It amazes me the kind of influence they have on each other already.

"You just got here?" Tommy asks pointing out the late time of my arrival.

"Yeah you know how work gets." I comment. "I've been here a while though, I was talking to Britney." I add.

"Yeah, that makes sense. You're gonna hang, right?" He asks and takes a sip of his drink which, knowing him, chances are its hard liquor rather than beer.

"Yeah, probably. I'll definitely find somewhere to chill later so." I tell him looking between the two of them making it clear they are both welcome to join me if and when they want.

"Oh yeah sure thing." Tommy assures me, as if he's ever say no to such a thing.

"Right, well I'm gonna head inside, I hope I'll see you later, yeah?" I say gesturing towards the entrance.

"Yeah." Tommy says and Erica nods in agreement.

As I turn around and make my way inside I feel a tap on my shoulder and turn back around facing Erica who has caught up with me just before the entrance.

"Um, yes?" I say not hiding the query in my voice.

"I just wanted to tell you not to listen to Jenny okay? She's just being competitive." She tells me, ignoring my cautious approach to her coming up to me, making eye contact and catching me off guard. I'm not sure what to say to her, I never thought she'd say anything like that to me. I'm trying to figure out if she's playing me but she doesn't seem like she is.

"There is no competition." I tell her choosing to reply to her and go along with the conversation she started. My reply seems to have confused her which she briefly let's show before she speaks again.