Chapter Twenty-Five: Training Part 2

Start from the beginning

Sakura waited patiently for his answer. She knew he was contemplating it. The question was simple yet so vague for someone who was devoid of happiness for more than eight years.

Sasuke closed his eyes, hoping to find the answer to her question. Was there even a correct answer to it? He repeated the question in his head again. Am I happy?

When he said the question mentally, something appeared in his mind.

Someone appeared in his thoughts.

Sasuke opened his eyes again. "Yes," he answered.

He could never find a more suitable answer for her question than a simple yes. He doubt if he could even explain it if Sakura were to ask why he's happy.

But it was clear to Sasuke. That when he closed his eyes and asked himself that question, someone appeared in his thoughts.

Her.

Sakura is the answer to that question. And Sasuke could never find a more suitable reason than that.

He felt her smiled. And for a while they stayed like that until the last embers of the sun set under the horizon.

_____

Morning came much too early and Sasuke woke up first. Unlike most days when Sasuke would wake up while Sakura was already eating breakfast, this time he woke up with the pinkette sleeping soundlessly beside him. Sasuke decided to get up as quietly as he could as to not wake up Sakura. He took a quick shower and proceeded to the kitchen, half expecting the pinkette to be standing in the sink preparing breakfast. But it seems Sakura was still asleep.

Sasuke decided to make breakfast. Well, as much as he could with only one arm. Sasuke find it odd. Really odd doing this kind of things. He also find it extremely trivial. For someone who has fought in war, killed someone, cut down the Raikage's arm and almost changed the course of the Shinobi history, making breakfast seems like the easiest thing to do.

Or maybe not.

Sakura on the other hand, still lie on the bed. She doesn't feel like getting up yet. She felt like she whole body is so heavy that she just wanted to lie on the bed for the whole day. Besides, today's still a day off from the hospital.

Sakura blinked away the sleep in her system and stare at the ceiling. And then it clicked to her.

Today is suppose to be her training with Sasuke. That's right, Sasuke. The pinkette put her hand on the bed, there's no one there. She turned on her side and saw that Sasuke had long since woke up considering the side of the bed was already cold.

Then Sakura felt her eyes widen. What if she overslept? What if Sasuke had already gone to train? What time is it anyway? She looked at the small clock on the side table and squinted her eyes. It's almost half past eight already. Realizing that Sasuke might have seriously gone to train, Sakura jolted up from the bed so fast she started to get dizzy.

She held her forehead and massage it a little before slowly standing up. She almost stumble on her own feet but managed to get to the bathroom to take a quick shower.

Maybe the shower could help her ease the heaviness she is feeling. But to no avail, she still felt unwell. It must be the fatigue and overwork from the hospital. Hence why she need a day off.

But she doesn't want it to ruin a training day with Sasuke. And she doesn't know when she'll be able to have another training with him.