Chapter 2: is it true?

"How is it going?" I ask them as I stare at the house from my car's windshield.

"Steph, if Nico gave me something to do, it's because he can trust me so can you too?" Jason nags.

I just chuckle at him as this is the same response I get every time.

"Okay Mr Perfect I hope you carry out this very unique task," I reply to him as I check the time on my phone.

"Tch, he gets the same work every time. Well you know Nico, I'm more handsome than he is so you should let me also do it some times," Jacob butts in.

"If he would tell you to do Jason's work, you would eventually forgot what you had to do. You're persuaded pretty easily," Alyssa tells him.

"I'll only get persuaded by someone who's better looking than I am. But obviously, there isn't anyone who can better than I am," Jacob replies confidently.

"Narcissist," Maria hisses under her breath.

"I heard that mary"

"I'm glad you did jacob"

"Okay guys, it's time. Let's move it," Nico instructs.

I wait another minute before I see an old man escorted by a group of young men towards a car.

"Theo, confirm the plate number," I tell him.

He dictates the plate number and i recheck it.

Bingo. It should break down pretty soon.

i see the car drive off into a short distance but then abruptly break down.

The driver and another suited man who gets off from the passengers seat and take a look at the engine.

I smirk at them as I admire Jason's   intelligence...

*Flashback*

"We need something to make the car stop abruptly. That way we'll be able to buy more time," harleen tells us.

"Should we try to put water in the engine?" Alyssa asks.

"No don't put water. Sometimes it also works to start the car and go a good distance," Jason says as he examines the model of the car on the desk.

"What should we do then?" Joseph asks.

He picks up the paper layout in his hand and carefully looks at it.

"The throttle cable," he says slowly but it's audible

"What?" Melanie asks

"Cut the throttle cable. That should buy us good enough time," Jason says as he places the sheet back down.

Nico stares at it for a moment then asks,

"Mel, when will his car be outside the house for the last time today?"

Melaine checks on her iPad and replies,

"His last stop is when he'll visit his wife at her hospital at 7 00," she replies.

"You have a story?" I ask him

He smiles at me and replies,

"You know I always do"

"Let's hear it," Joseph says.

"Since he's right in front of a hospital...what is most likely to happen at the same time when he arrives?" Nico asks

"An ambulance carrying a patient," Alyssa replies.

"Exactly. But in our case, the patient will be because of him. Think of this, a pregnant woman crossing the road and gets hit with his car," Nico looks at Maria as soon as he says that.