05. Heartbeat

Magsimula sa umpisa

Hakuji sighed as he through the front gate, only to see Haizaki sitting on the platform leading to the front door of the house. He watched as Haizaki was smoking a cigarette and exhaling the smoke from his mouth. Hakuji could only shake his head in response and soon took a seat beside him.

"I know it's hard for you to see her like this," and Haizaki sighed in response.

"It's difficult, Hakuji. I can't bear to see her in so much pain,"

"I talked to Koyuki about what she had seen," Hakuji spoke and Haizaki puffed the smoke out once more and crushed the cigarette butt to put out the spark. He then went ahead to retrieve another cigarette and light it up with his lighter.

Taking in a deep breath and soon exhaling once more of the toxic fumes.

"What did she say?" he asked.

"She has offered to help take care of [name] when both of us head out to work for the night," he answered and Haizaki turned to look at Hakuji. Raising an eyebrow in response.

"Har? Why would she go that far? I don't think it's practical. [name] doesn't know her that well," Haizaki tried to reason out and Hakuji punched him on the shoulder in response.

"This is why [name] hardly gets to recover as well. You're not pushing her forward to get used to receiving help from others other than us," Hakuji added on and Haizaki sighed in response as he looked towards the front. His dark blue ocean eyes then widened slightly, and he nudged Hakuji with his elbow, causing him to look to the front as well.

Their eyes soon laid upon Mitsuri who was in tears, and Obanai who was beside her who had on a soft look. Haizaki then sighed, and soon motioned for Mitsuri to go ahead into their home to see [name], after all, Mitsuri truly cares for [name].

One could tell.

Mitsuri was then seen running towards the front door and Hakuji had to quickly get out of the way. She entered the home, and one could hear her running up the stairs now.

Haizaki then noticed Obanai standing before him, and he soon looked up to the man who had on a questioning look. Haizaki then sighed and quickly smoked finish his current stick of toxicity, and soon flung away the cigarette butt. He then stood up and entered the house, together with Hakuji and Obanai.

"Think about it, Haizaki. If [name] has someone to accompany her, she wouldn't need to be out there beating up people like us. She would be a perfectly normal girl instead," Hakuji tried to reason with Haizaki, after all, they were both afraid that one day [name] might be the one getting injured.

Just like what had happened earlier on.

"Shut the fuck up already, I fucking know! Quit yapping in my ear already, you think I don't want her to stop? Bad habits take a whole lot of fucking work to die," Haizaki muttered out as he sat in the dining room as he brought out some bottle of beers for them to drink.

"But right now, [name] doesn't need anybody to accompany her in any sort of way. She just needs to go to therapy and she will get better," Haizaki added on and Hakuji sighed in response. Obanai was about to speak, only to have a certain sakura-mochi colored hair girl whizzing past them.

"Haizaki-san! What [name] needs right now isn't therapy, but people she can fully trust on!" Mitsuri cried out as she somehow pinned Haizaki against the kitchen counter, causing the older and taller man to blink in confusion at what had just happened.

"Kanroji, could you not trap me between yourself and the counter?" Haizaki asked, a little surprised at how straightforward the younger girl was before him. Mitsuri then realized what she had done and she blushed profusely, apologizing as well and Haizaki could only chuckle at how flustered the girl was.