{Chapter 57|Arguments}

Start from the beginning

You continued to look down at your pajama pants, the color red painted your cheeks. Clearing your throat, you continued, "Grandmother Susan sensed that I was a bit conflicted about my feelings so she gave me advice. She told me to take care of him and that he'll appreciate the affection and love that I'm going to give him."

You can see Tom scratch the back of his head. "Did she ever mention who it was?"

You shake your head, "No...not exactly." You weren't lying. She didn't mention who he was at all, because deep inside, it was up for you to decide who.

Tord gulped down a glass of water, "Well, do you at least have an idea?"

Once again, you shake your head.

"Do you think Grandma even knew who he was?" Edd asks.

"Uh, yeah...probably." You reply.

"...Do you think it's one of us?" Matt smiles sheepishly, turning red after he heard the words come right out of his mouth.

Ell looked at the situation in front of her and held back her laughter. Tom was chugging down his drinks a lot quicker now, Tord looked down, scratching his neck in anxiousness, Edd could not stop playing with the edge of his shirt and Matt turned away from you, distracting himself with his phone.

You played a bit with your hair, your flushed cheeks not disappearing at all.

"Alright, (Y/N), can I talk to you outside for a moment?" Ell doesn't wait for an answer as she tugs your wrist, pulling you outside of the room and closing the door.

"You know," Ell says matter-of-factly as you both walked to your shared bedroom. "You know how they feel about you."

"Y-yeah..." You open the door and you both went inside.

"For how long?" Ell looks at you with sparkles in her eyes.

"Since Edd kissed me." The butterflies in your stomach evolved into dragons, your face was so red and the fact that Ell became silent after your statement was making you so embarrassed.

"P-pardon?" Ell asks.

"No! I don't wanna repeat it again! Look, this is already so weird! Three guys liking me plus my undecided feelings for Matt is all so weird! Okay, I get it! I'm really sorry for kissing three of your brothers—I mean, technically, they kissed me—but the good news is that Matt hasn't kissed me yet but I don't know why I feel so protective of him —why I feel protective over any of them!! I-I feel really bad that this was all happening behind your back and I feel so mad at myself that I had low-key enjoyed those kisses and to mention the fact that Tom was the one who kissed me the most but I-I'm not saying that I was counting how much he kissed me but like—"

"(Y/N), calm down!!" Ell grabs both of your cheeks with her hands, making you directly look at her.

"R-right, right! I should calm down..."

"Goodness, you haven't talked this thing out with anyone, have you? You're spitting out so many new things and I'm shocked but let's just breathe, okay?"

Ell helped you inhale and exhale and once you were in the right mindset, you started to talk.

~

The boys sat in uncomfortable silence ever since Ell had excused you and basically just ditched the rest of her brothers.

"...God, was it that obvious?" Tom ran his fingers through his hair, a bit frustrated with himself.

"What's obvious?" Edd asks, looking over to his older brother.

"The fact that we were curious over what boy (Y/N) could be talking about." Matt joins in.