𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘪 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘵

Start from the beginning

meliodas looked up at the female before him, humming to himself. "well, i'll tell you that she once was indeed human, but her soul's been corrupted by demonic magic. that would explain how she's able to manipulate that weird shadow thing." he said with a smile.

"so, am i actually part of the demon race?" mira asked quietly.

"nope! not at all! don't worry about a thing!" meliodas exclaimed happily as he headed back behind the counter.

mira sighed in relief. "thank the goddesses. that's good. now what—wait did you say shadow?"

meliodas looked up in confusion. "yeah, you don't remember?"

she shook her head lightly, "no, i only know what arthur has told me, which isn't very much."

arthur apologized quietly as meliodas spoke, "well, yeah. when you first arrived, you were surrounded by this weird shadow-cocoon. you looked like a caterpillar becoming a butterfly."

"eh, it looked more like an egg sac!" hawk said.

"i thought she looked like a mud monster!" elizabeth added in with a smile.

"actually, she looked more like a ghost." arthur said while mira looked at him in surprise.

"oh yeah, i guess she did kinda look like a ghost." meliodas hummed, "i wasn't too sure. oh! you also cut off my arms!" he said with a smile.

"i did what?"

suddenly there was a large wave of energy. it passed through the whole group, making merlin gasp from within the morning star. "captain..." she started, the illusion reappearing. "i just located him."

"you're sure?"

"yes." she responded, "his current power level is 55,055—60?" she paused. "his power level is rising with every moment."

"there's no question, it's escanor!"

𝙩𝙞𝙢𝙚𝙨𝙠𝙞𝙥

"'in the coming days, a great fighting festival will be held in vaizel.'" meliodas read off the flyer. "'the winner will be given the right to have any wish granted.'"

hawk snorted, "isn't vaizel that town diane totally flattened?"

"can't ask for a more tempting prize!" meliodas said ominously. "maybe i'll expand the tavern."

"oh, come on! it has to be a scam!" howzer interjected.

hawk hummed, "so you think the ten commandments are behind this?"

"can you think of anyone else who would do something crazy like using demons to hand out flyers?" howzer asked.

"meliodas, no matter how you look at it—" hawk started.

"no matter how you look at it, it's a trap." hendrickson spoke up, cutting off hawk.

"don't take the words out of my mouth!"

mira looked over at arthur, "what's the great fighting festival?"

he smiled at her, "it's a huge festival where people fight in an arena for an amazing prize! i've always wanted to fight in one!"