Chapter 12

Armani's POV
After Amalia had ran up the stairs after Elena I was left at the table with my parents and Leo. Father was giving me a look of disappointment and I knew what was coming next.

"She's not fit." My father said.

"Oh please Lorenzo leave the girl alone." My mother said and he silenced her by slapping her across the face causing me and Leo to flinch.

Leo clenched his jaw and balled his fist up.

"She's not fit to be queen. She cares too much we cannot and will not have that." He continued.

"You don't even know her." Leo said and he turned to stare at Leo.

"I know that she too soft like you. Which is why I would never give you the throne."

"Good because I never wanted it! The family is sick. You're all sick." Leo got up and stormed out of the house.

"Fix her Armani." My father said so coldly.

"She does not need to be fixed Father. There is nothing wrong with her." I challenged.

"Are you disobeying me? I said fix her! And if you shall fail I will take back the throne and you will be disowned!" He stood up and grabbed me mother's arm harshly before storming out with her dragging behind.

I was beyond frustrated. I didn't understand what he meant by "fix her". Amalia was perfect in every way.

I would be damned if I ever take her innocence from her!

Amalia's POV

I woke up and found Elena fast asleep behind me. Her hair had spread wildly around her and she looked so peaceful.

I quietly got out of bed and made my way to the bathroom to take a quick little shower.

As the warm water hit my skin the events of last night all came rushing back to me. I still couldn't believe the way that Armani had flipped out on me like that. I was honestly afraid that he would hit me.

I quickly shook the thought from my head and continued to wash up.

I still planned on taking Elena baby shopping regardless of everything that happened last night. She needed it and I needed it as a way to escape.

If I could just keep Elena distracted with baby stuff long enough I could slip away and make a run for it and I know it would hurt Elena's feelings but I can't stay here any longer.

I got out the shower and wrapped the towel snuggly around my body before I began brushing my teeth and then hair.

When I walked out the bathroom Elena was sitting up in bed and she smiled at me.

"Sleep well?" I asked.

"Best sleep I had in years." She said before she headed for the shower herself.

I went to the closet and decide to go with some jeans and a random shirt. Nothing that would make me stand out.

Just as I was about to take off my towel Armani walked In.

"I'm coming too." He said.

I ignored him and walked into the closet to shut the door behind me and proceeded changing.

"I know you're upset with me after last night but I will still be tagging along to make sure you don't do anything stupid."

After I was done changing I walked out of the closet and walked to my vanity set, still ignoring him.

"Amalia talk to me." He said.

I looked up at him. "Go away Armani."

He laughed one little chuckle.

And then he completely lost it.