Don't fall in love with the moment and think you're in love with the girl.

Start from the beginning

"Hey Matty." Alyssa said, leaning in a little closer to me. "That's you." She said childishly, pointing at a funny looking painting. I rolled my eyes at her, that being at least the 5th time she did that too. It was cute though, she always seemed to laugh afterwards and the sound was like music to my ears.

"I think you might be right on this one at least." I played along, if it made her happy then I couldn't exactly take that away from her.

When we left the museum we strolled along a park in the beautiful autumn sun. It was weirdly sunny for November to be honest. The breeze blew the leaves in all sorts of directions and the colours were magnificent.

My phone begun to ring from my pocket which confused me, who would be calling me now? I pulled it out and saw George's name flash on the screen. I thought about declining it but maybe it was important so I hit accept. "Hello?" I asked.

"Matty mate, have you been on Twitter at all today?" He asked me. I looked at Alyssa who was just awkwardly standing next to me as I held the phone up to my ear.

"No I haven't, why?" I replied.

"Are you really in Paris right now with Alyssa?" He pressed. My eyes grew wide.

"Wait what's going on? How did you know that?" I started to feel a little panicked.

"Someone posted pictures of you two in some art gallery in Paris, they must've been a fan or something but that shit is spreading a lot of people are speculating about you two." George explained. I closed my eyes and let out a soft groan.

"Fuck." I mumbled. "Yes we are."

"I mean it's not really a big deal to be fair, it was just a shock because you know, you were meant to be coming to Manchester with us this weekend." He said. "Are you two dating then?"

"No, I just wanted to take her somewhere she's never been before and this seemed like a good place. It's nothing serious George." I tried to fob him off a little, which made me feel bad.

"Look I don't really see why you feel the need to hide anything from me, I'm not gonna say shit about it and I'd be happy for you two anyway but please, don't lie." He sighed.

"Okay, fuck I'm sorry." I sighed, running a hand through my hair. "We're just spending time together George, nothing serious. We didn't tell anyone because we just want to see where this goes ourselves but I'm asking you to try not tell anyone for us. Even the guys, we just want to keep this quiet for now." I told him, he let out a soft chuckle down the phone.

"Alright mate, I'm not gonna say a word but you should maybe tell the guys what's going on because they're not stupid. Are you guys having fun in the city of love?" He asked in a cute voice.

"It's been nice to get away for a bit and not having to play a show there. Look I'm gonna go now, I don't wanna waste anymore time but I'll see you when we're back okay." I tried to get out the call.

"Will do mate, remember use protection and treat her with respect." George said in a very stern sounding way.

"Okay dad." I rolled my eyes, which gained a chuckle from Alyssa. "See you later." And then I hung up the phone. Alyssa looked at me with curious eyes.

"So the cats out of the bag then I guess?" She looked nervous.

"In a sense, yes." I said sliding my phone back into my pocket. "Someone must've recognized me in there because there's a picture of us floating around Twitter right now and fans are going crazy."

"Sorry." She mumbled, looking down at her feet.

"It's not your fault, don't be sorry Alyssa." I told her, reaching out and pulling her closer to me. "If anything, I don't really care. We know where we're at with everything and it's no one else's business."