Ash Covered Thighs

Start from the beginning

He wouldn't deny it: she was a beautiful woman and that uniform didn't hide her curves. Typical that he would take interest in a simple nurse. God, he couldn't remember the last time he had a sexual encounter. Not since Sophie.

Wait, no.. Not Sophie.

All that was in his head.

Joker snickered to himself at the thought. How pitiful he once was when he went by the name Arthur.

No, Arthur died a while back. All that was left was Joker. All by himself.

"Alright, freaks! Time to line up for your daily dosage."

Joker watched as most of the patients stood up and casually walked out of the room to start the line for their medication. Some were resistant and were dragged out.

"Hey, clown. Do you need to be told twice?"

Joker put his hands up in defense, stating that he wasn't going to be one of the ones to be dragged out. He stops up and walked to join the others.

There were two lines: one for men and the other was for women.

Joker naturally stood quietly as the lines moved down painfully slow. His eyes would once again search his surrounding, looking for something to grab his attention. Days would go by with nothing but his thoughts. Fle hours he would be staring at a wall: thinking.

"Richard Browski." A strict, feminine voice called as Joker got closer. His interest was not peaked. He was sure by now he had all voices memorized. This voice was not familiar to him. He leaned over to catch a glimpse at his station. It was that nurse again.

Joker felt his lips become dry at the sight of her. Ahe was sitting at the men's station, a clipboard in hand. She would check off names and hand the patient the small white cup that helps their medication. Now that he in a stable place to really look at her, he could see that she was around his age, perhaps a little younger. Like him, he could see the the silver streaks in her hair due to high stress. There was a story behind her.

"Erik Dorphine."

Joker's eyes roamed her figure. Well built, like she had been through years of this kind of work. She might have been new to Arkham, but it was clear that she had been a nurse for years. She must have been transferred here. From where, he was curious about.

"Aaron Farris."

Joker was getting closer and closer by each name she read out. He was ready to hear the dead name come from her lips.

"Arthur Fleck." She called, her eyes glancing up from her clipboard and onto his. He stepped towards her, a smirk on his lips. She marched a brow. "You're behaving yourself, I'm sure." She handed him the small cup and checked off him name. Joker chuckled.

"Do you get to punish me if I'm not?" He asked, waiting to see if she would grow uncomfortable like the other nurses. To his disappointment, her eyes didn't look back up from the clipboard.

"Martin Ingleas." She called, her attention pointed to the man behind Joker.

Joker stepped out of line and chucked him pills back without another word. She could pretend all she wanted. He could gain her interest one way or another. Sooner or later, she'd have to take action.

---

Joker poked at the stale food on his tray. He was thankful that he never had an appetite anymore. He would wait to grab a thing of crackers from the vending machines. Those would last him all day. Joker found that his favorite snack in Arkham was saltine crackers and water. Though he wouldn't deny that he'd get a little excited when it was announced that spaghetti would be served for dinner.