22 | Ride or Die

Začít od začátku

We both laugh at how awkward we're being. What's happening to us?

"I think we need to talk", Brad says at the same moment as I say:

"Okay, why are we being so weird right now?"

We laugh again, clearly uncomfortable.

"Right?", Brad says, scratching the back of his head. I look at him with a million thoughts running through my mind but unable to think of anything to say.

"We're good, right?", he asks and I can see how nervous he is.

Why is he nervous? Does he think I'm still mad at him for what happened with Jay?

"Of course we are", I answer with a sincere smile. "You're still my ride or die", I add, making him laugh. He proceeds to pull me in for another hug but it feels different this time. He puts his arms around me, hugging me tight and keeping me close to him. My head rests in the crook of his neck, my arms around his back. Gosh, how I missed his smell, his touch, him.

"I missed you, Em", he says, not letting go of me. "I fucking missed you"

I can't help the smile on my face at the sound of that, and I'm glad he can't see it.

"I missed you too, B", I answer as I tighten my grip on him. And God do I mean it. We stay there in each other's arms for a few more seconds before Brad finally loosens his embrace.

"I should probably go", he says as he lets go of me. "Sorry if I woke you up, I just needed to know we were okay"

"I wasn't sleeping... I've had some trouble sleeping lately", I admit and I notice that hurt look in his eyes, look I know too well making me instantly regret saying those words.

"Do you wanna stay over?", I ask so quickly I wonder if I actually said it. "I mean you probably want to go home to your bed and see your fam..." I start to say before he interrupts me.

"I'd love to stay", he simply says with a smile. I missed that smile. That smile that says more than words can. "Do you mind if I take a shower?", he asks, breaking the silence that had fallen between us. "I feel like I reek after spending so much time on the bus"

"Of course", I answer as I walk towards my bedroom to get him a clean towel. Brad follows me, not saying anything. That awkward silence between us is killing me. "Here", I say as I hand him the towel. "Have fun in there", I add and I realize what I just said by seeing the confused look on his face. 'Have fun in there?' Seriously? What the hell is wrong with me? I'm literally the real-life version of the facepalm emoji. Why can't I act normal around him anymore? "I meant enjoy", I quickly add, feeling my cheeks turn to red already. "You're probably dying for a good shower right now. I know the bus one sucks"

"You have no idea", he answers, taking the towel off my hands. He leaves for the bathroom and I go back to bed where I snuggle up under the duvet. I'm only wearing a large shirt on top of my panties, and I suddenly feel uncomfortable at the idea of sharing a bed with Brad in that outfit. A detail I would never even have thought of only a few weeks ago. We're used to seeing each other in underwear all the time and it never bothered any of us. We're also used to sleeping into each other's arms and I wonder if I'll ever be able to now. The thought of it is making me feel all sorts of things. I want to be in his arms so bad, to feel his skin on mine, to taste his lips again... No Emma, stop. Stop thinking about it. Brad's your best friend, you can't go on thinking about him like that, I think as I force myself to think about something else. Brad shortly comes back in the room, only wearing a towel wrapped around his hips, his hair still dripping from the shower. My eyes instantly fall on his naked torso without being able to do anything to stop it. EMMA!! I scream to myself in my head. Just stop it already. I literally want to slap myself for thinking about Brad in that way.