6 | Someone's Hero

Start from the beginning

After recess, I was taken aside to speak with her. Not only was I not allowed to go to recess tomorrow, but I also had to sit with the boy and write something on my own. She explained it was because she saw how "interested I looked."

I complained the rest of the day to my friends, but they just all laughed and patted my back.

"What were you so curious for anyways?" Aonyou asked, trying to balance a pencil on his finger.

I shrugged, "I don't know. It's my first time seeing someone write in their free time."

"I write in my free time," Eroji pointed out, "And you see me do it. He's not the first person."

"I—" I started, panicking to come up with a different excuse.

"Are you interested in him?" Shi-Inki suddenly injected. I froze, it isn't that, right?

"No way, you like Kora?" Aonyou asked slowly, I could tell he didn't believe what Shi-Inki said either. Eroji looked just as surprised, though still had her signature expression.

"No!" I stammered, wondering how Shi-Inki even got to that conclusion.

"What? It's a reasonable thought. Eroji's right, you were ever interested in someone else's writing before, not even when we had to read them for class." She continued, "So that must mean that you're interested in Kora, right?"

"Ugh, no." I groaned, making a big 'X' with my arms.

The girls giggled while Aonyou tapped his fingers on the table, "Ew, girl talk."

"I forgot you're the only guy in the group," Eroji snickered making Aonyou turn bright red.

"The guys won't talk to him, to be honest, he doesn't fit in," Shi-Inki whispered in my ear as Aonyou yelled something about, 'we should be grateful he talks to us.'

"Yeah right~" Eroji teased.

"You obviously have other friends, right?" Shi-Inki joined in.

🍃

"(Y/N)! Where do you think you're going?" The teacher scolded, grabbing my shirt and promptly dragged me back inside.

Shi-Inki waved sadly as the doors closed, trapping me inside.

"Ughhh, Sensai please let me walk on my own." I begged, finally feeling the teacher release her death grip on me.

Now it's time to put my plan in action.

I grinned mischievously as I headed into the would be empty classroom. As expected, Kora was there. I promptly sat in the seat next to him, which made him look up in surprise.

"That isn't your seat," He stated.

"Yes," I agreed, smiling as I took out a book. It looked more advanced than what I was used to, and there weren't even any pictures. Apparently the teacher said that it was Kora's favorite book from America.

Kora's eyes glanced onto the book before he sighed, "Do whatever you like."

I smiled and started to read. Needless to say, I was very confused. This 'Sophie' acted very strangely. For the main character, she was outshined by most of the other characters. I also didn't understand the way she acted, but it was constantly reminded that she liked a quiet life.