Chapter 6 - Ride

"As you all already know, end of October is your internship. As far I know every one of you was supposed to find a place 'till the end of June so that shouldn't be a problem. Since you are going to have to write your final essay about your internship I've prepared a few important information...," our teacher goes on.

I continue to take notes on my laptop as our teacher talks about things to keep in mind while doing our internship, when suddenly a notification pops up at the corner of my screen. I probably should disconnect my phone and laptop while in class but since it's already too late it won't hurt to reply.

I click on it and it opens an email.

-------------------------------------------------------

   From: Seto Kaiba <s.kaiba@kaibacorp.com>

   Subj.: Promise

   Date: 07.10.2019, 09:29

   To: Ariana Knight <arivknight@gmail.com>

   Dear Ariana Knight,

   I'd like to invite you to lunch or coffee since I remember owning you one. Are you available

   today?

   SETO KAIBA

   CEO of Kaiba Corporation

Oh, my god it's Kaiba! Wow, I'm surprised that he actually wrote me. And wow, he is really formal, which is actually kinda cute. But I shouldn't let myself get carried away...

-------------------------------------------------------

   From: Ariana Knight

   Subj.: Siked

   Date: 07.10.2019, 09:31

   To: Seto Kaiba

   Dear Kaiba,

   Thank you for the invitation and i would love to join you for lunch or coffee but I'm actually in       class right now and have to work 'till 8 pm right after class today. Sorry:(

   Maybe sometime else this week? Let me know when you are free again.

   Love,

   Ari

-------------------------------------------------------

   From: Seto Kaiba

   Subj.: Pay Attention

   Date: 07.10.2019, 09:32

   To: Ariana Knight

   Dear Ariana,

   Maybe in the near future then.

   And, don't text in class, Ms Knight.

-------------------------------------------------------

   From: Ariana Knight

   Subj.: Paying Attention

   Date: 07.10.2019, 09:33

   To: Seto Kaiba

   Sir, yes, sir

It's again one of those days where it just keeps on raining. It's grey and melancholic outside but it's all rainbows, sunshine and butterflies inside my mind. Kaiba really emailed me to invite me out, didn't he? I'm not dreaming, am I?

He is all I've been capable of thinking about the entire day. First the whole situation on Saturday, our kiss, our weird confessions and now his emails. How am I supposed to keep a clear mind. Téa had to bring me back to reality a couple of times when I zoned out while a customer was trying to place an order. Even now while we are already closed, finishing up a few things before we leave, I can't help but stare at Kaiba Corp. But can you even blame me? It's right across the street but still feels like a billion lightyears away from me. I just wish I knew what all of this meant to him. I know what I want but what if he just thinks of me as a side chick? What if he isn't in it for the long run?