Chapter VI

It had been officially now a year ever since soraru accompanied mafumafu and there is definitely quite a great difference between their old selves compared to the current.

They both decided to celebrate the 1st year of soraru with mafumafu who fortunately hadn't died yet, inviting some close friends over and having a grill at the albino's backyard.

...

They all sat in a circle on the green grass and below the starry sky, it was a great time for a game of truth or dare and never have I ever.

Laughing and smiling together made the blue haired male's chest feel warm, especially at the albino.

"Okay okay my turn...never had I ever gotten a scar from an accident!" Sakata said, his eyes roaming around the group of people until 3 of them took a shot of whiskey that soraru got from his manager.

"So soraru, Kashitarou and mashi?" A red eyed brunette as he looked at his partner with much concern, same went with the other two males.

"I figured mashi and Kashi are clumsy but soraru?" The small tanuki said, curious why the bartender who is supposed to be skillful and careful, the blue haired male just shrugged in response.

"Never have I ever... Slept in a Coffin" The purple haired male said, directed towards a certain albino who quickly downed his shot along with the red haired male.

Their game continued on until a handful of them was already drunk including, mafumafu, Sakata, shima and Amatsuki who were already passed out in the living room.

The ones left are soraru, senra, Kashitarou and urata, they all somehow ended up in the kitchen, each holding a glass of either white or red wine as if they are on a gathering of some sort.

"When are you planing on telling him?" The short brunette's question was directed to the blue haired male who had his glass in between his index and middle finger.

"When the time is right I guess" Soraru said in reply as he played with the glass of wine, seems to him that it was the most interesting thing in the whole room as of the moment.

"Mafu-chan's birthday is coming up in a week... How about you tell him on the day?" Kashitarou suggested as he took a few gulps from his glass.

"That sounds good" The blonde agrees as he sipped on his drink as well.

"Knowing Amatsuki, he's probably gonna set up a surprise party" Kashitarou said as he finished the rest of his drink and poured himself another.

"And while he's at it, you should help him out...tell him that you're going to confess and don't worry, I'm sure he'll agree to it" The purple eyed male added, drinking half and dropped a few ice cubes from the refrigerator behind him.

"It's not Amatsuki I'm worried about...It's mafu... He might reject me" The blue haired male mumbled as he downed his anxiety with his drink.

"He won't" The three of them said in unison for once, they all agreed on something.

"Just trust us" The small tanuki said as he finished his drink and placed the glassware in the sink to avoid it being hit accidentally and resulting it in to tiny little pieces.

...

Mafumafu's birthday was already around the corner and the blue haired male was working twice as hard as he did before, even if it came to coming home later than usual with a feint smell of alcohol and cigarette.

"Hey ama-chan... Do you think soraru has been...well you know...going to clubs after work?" The male asked the brunette who was lounging on the white leather couch with him, since his significant other was at work.

"What makes you say that?" Amatsuki questioned putting away his phone, listening carefully at the albino.

"Well...h-he kind of comes home later than before...he smells w-weird too... And he often i-ignores me, telling that he's too tired... He also had been sleeping on the floor and not on the b-bed with m-me" The albino explained, his eyes threatening to release tears any moment, the other male being a mother, pulled him to a hug and laid the males head on his lap.

"Well if does go clubbing after work... Then why are you so affected?" The brunette said as he combed the albino's hair with his fingers.

"I'm just being a good friend" Mafumafu reasoned as Amatsuki quietly chuckled at himself.

"Are you sure that he's just a friend to you though?" Amatsuki asked the male even though he knew the answer just by looking at him. The brunette made a self note to talk to the blue haired male later.

"...no... It feels kind of complicated to put it into words" The albino said as he got up from the brunette's lap, "It's a bit like this... And kind of like this... It's hard just to explain..." Mafumafu said as he made weird hand movements but eventually gave up and laid back down to the brunette's lap.

"It's alright... I kind of understand what you meant..." The brown haired male trialed off.

"It's kind of irritating and suffocating but it's also warm and fuzzy?" Amatsuki said as if he knew the feeling himself, the other male nodded.

"Oh...you should be alright then" Amatsuki said as he and Mafumafu drifted of too sleep, totally not caring if they'd get muscle pains when they wake up.

...

It was now the day of mafumafu's birth and everyone seems to be busy, no exception for the blue haired male as he was been told to do chores while the albino was out at a studio and should be back around 6 in the evening.

Earlier that morning none of them shared a word which was awfully odd but they both shrugged it off, thinking that the other is just stressed and in need of dire silence.

The only thing that was exchanged between them was sighs and looks.

...

Their group of friends came over to prepare the called surprise party and everything seems to go well, all they needed now is the birthday celebrant.

A small knock could be heard from outside, surely it was the person that they were waiting for.

"Soraru-san I'm home!"