xiii.

"LOOK, i don't know what you think you saw, but it wasn't like that

"LOOK, i don't know what you think you saw, but it wasn't like that." nancy said, staring right into steve's eyes.

"what? you just let him in your room to...study?" steve replied while glaring at jonathan with a dangerous look on his face. to be honest, it was kind of scaring me. i was way too worn out from yesterday and was not looking forward for what was coming next.

"and for another pervy photo session." tommy gave a light chuckle, taking a drag from his lit cigerette, smoke coming out of his mouth as he spoke. that comment most likely made steve more furious than he already was. i could tell by his face. one fact about me is that i could read people's faces pretty well, i know what they're feeling just by the look on their faces, you know? i don't know, i figured there were a lot of people like that so i didn't really think of it, but it was useful sometimes, i guess. 
by now jonathan was raging.

"we were just-" nancy was at a loss for words, i knew what she wanted to say but it was just...difficult.
"you just what? finish the sentence." steve demanded as he took a small step towards nancy. "finish... the sentence."
"steve, stop." i finally blurted out, trying to defend my her. he turned his head to look at me and it made my breath hitch. he just looked at me for a split second then turned back to the brunette in front of him, completely ignoring what i had said.
"go to hell nancy," he said, stepping away from her and going back to his so what called friends. "come on, nancy, let's just leave." jonathan took nancy's hand and turned to leave, i followed.

but then of course steve just had to open his mouth once again.

"you know what, byers? i'm actually kind of impressed. i always took you for a queer but i guess you're just a little screw-up like your father." he then shoved jonathan, then shoved him again. and again.
"oh yeah, that house is full of screw-ups. you know, i guess i really shouldn't be surprised, a bunch of screw ups in your family." he was really crossing the line by then and when i mean he was crossing the line, he was really crossing the line. i was furious, you could tell cause i was clenching my fists so tightly that my knuckles were white. no one gave him the right to talk about jonathan and his family like that! that's outragous. he's in no state to tolerate his comments right now but steve was really seeming to push the bounderies.

"steve, stop it! just leave it!" i yelled, i've had enough of steve harrington insulting jon like that. he looked at me, surprised for a second but kept babbling on.
"i mean your mom, i'm not even surprised what happened to your brother!" he shoved jonathan even more agressively than before.

"steve, just shut up!"
"i'm sorry i have to be the one to tell you, but the byers, their family, it's a disgrace to the entire-"

pow!

jonathan punched steve with all his might, making him hit the wall. i just stood there trying to progess what happened. but steve harrington wouldn't give up so easily now, would he?

he then shoved jonathan into the car that was parked near the opposite wall. steve grabbed him but the collar and pushed him onto the ground as hard as he could.
"steve!" my heart started to beat faster and faster as beads of sweat ran down the back of my neck. i hated fights, i couldn't stand fights at all. especially if it includes someone who i care about a lot.

steve jumped on top of jonathan, kicking him and grabbing his hair. now, jonathan could be a very quiet person but he's real tough. he kept kicking steve as hard as possible. all the yelling and shouting coming from tommy and the others weren't really making the situation any better.

"knock it off you guys!"

"get off! stop!"

"kick his ass, man!"

"jonathan, stop! you're going to hurt him!"

jonathan then gave steve another hard kick in the stomach causing him to get off jon, he then punched steve, steve punched back. the furious boy threw more punches at steve, making him fall to the ground. he did not stop throwing punches, even when he heard police sirens.

"cops!" tommy yelled.

the cop quickly dashed towards the two boys fighting, attempting to pull jonathan away from steve. steve looked like he was gonna throw up and his face was obviously all bloodied up from the beating. the cop ended up getting shoved back harshly onto the car. man, he really couldn't control himself, but i don't blame him. but for one thing, i sure knew that he was gonna get into big trouble later cause he layed hands on a cop.

another cop came rushing in and finally managed to pull jonathan off steve.

"go, go, go, go, go!" tommy shouted as he grabbed steve and ran away, along with carol and nicole, not wanting to get included with cops. the other cop that got hit by jon tried chasing after them but didn't succeed.

"i got this one!" said the other cop, cuffing jonathan. nancy looked like she was gonna cry, i'm pretty sure i was about to as well.

why do things like this always end up happening?

̥ ୨୧

AUTHOR'S NOTE!
yALL IM NOT DEAD! i knoww i haven't updated in months but i was really busy :(
anyway, i really hope you all are safe and healthy!! i know quarantine's boring but we'll get through it :)