"Yeah.. you too."

Arthur wasn't too far from _____, only walking about twenty feet behind her. He knew they were going to the same building and that catching up to her wouldn't hurt, but his mind scattered at even considering picking up his pace. What would he say to her? How would he explain why he began walking with her.

He didn't realize that he didn't need to explain himself. He didn't need to say much to her. She understood. She understood Arthur's condition. She would stop by his apartment when he was at work to check on Penny for him. She learned a little about Arthur and his condition. It was something he never brought up during their smoking sessions. She could understand that he would be too embarrassed to admit it.

She learned about his little cirush on her too.

Penny couldn't keep it to herself when she would spot Arthur coming back from his smoke break in frustration. Catching another guy leaving _____'s apartment made him upset. How could she go through all these men?

Didn't he know what she did for a living?

Arthur watched her as she began to ascend the long staircase that led to their apartment building. He followed, not too close, but enough that if he looked up he could see right up her coat. Silk panties, red.

Arthur's gaze fell to the ground. He shouldn't look. It's inappropriate. He shouldn't look up her skirt or even think about looking up her skirt. He wasn't a pervert. Not like then that she took home with her. No. He was a gentleman. A gentle man.

"Arthur?"

He looked up to see that she had stopped midway on the staircase and was looking down at him. She must have noticed that he was heading home and decided to wait for him to catch up.

"Oh, hi ____." He gave her a soft smile, pushing away his thoughts quickly. She smiled back.

"How was work?" She asked. Arthur shrugged. Fucking miserable.

"Oh, you know how it is.. darn kids.." He ran a hand through his hair. _____'s expression drew concerned.

"Didn't they steal a sign last week?" She asked. Arthur caught up to her and they stood in the middle of the stairway. He nodded. "Oh Arthur, honey.. you really need to tell your boss about them. I'm sure he'd understand if you just-"

"I'd rather forget about today.." Arthur said, rather pained as he forced a smile. He didn't want to worry her. "H-How was your day?"

"It was fine! You'd think after so many years I'd be use to it all. My feet get so sore and swollen." She rolled her ankle a bit, trying to take the pressure from her sore foot.

How Arthur wished he could bring her inside, run a bath for her and massage her feet. She deserved to be pampered and he would be honored to be the one to fo it. _____ pulled her coat closer as a guest of wind blew up, making her skirt fly up. Startled, she pushed her skirt back down before she showed the alleyway her underwear. Arthur looked away, not trying to pay attention to the obvious flashing.

"Oh gosh. Quite windy today, isn't it?"

"Y-Yeah. If you're headed to the apartment.."

"You wanting to walk me home, sweetie?" _____ chuckled, snuggling up to Arthur. He was warm, enough to block any wind from blowing up her skirt again. Arthur tensed. They had never been so close to eachother. "I'd love for you to walk me home."

"We shouldn't stay out much longer than. Don't want you flashing those silks to all of Gotham." He wanted to throw himself down the stairs. He should have kept his mouth shut. _____ smirked and bit her lip.