Chapter 2

Recap: "Yup, perfect," I hate lying to Ray, but it'll have to do for now. We drove in silence the rest of the day. We stopped in front of my house. I was really nervous now. I jumped out of the car, and speed- walked to the scene. I saw a familiar ruff of brunette hair, and I just ran. I knelt next the the body, and studied the face. It was my best friend, Destiny Jamison.

She was lying in a pool of blood,with a dagger stabbed in her heart. As I looked more closly, I realized the dagger was mine!  How could the killer have something of mine? I knew it wasn't a coincidence, because I checked for my name carved, and there is was.

Destiny was practically all I had. She knew me since grade 6, and we were best friends. She had been there through it all, heart break, my parents death, boy troubles, my first place, everything. Now she was gone.

 As I stared down at her, I could feel the tears stream down my face. I couldn't help it, this girl was my rock. I felt someone  pull my into a hug. I was sure it was Rob, but I looked up to see Ray.

"I-I'm sorry." I didn't normally cry, but, you know.

"Do you know her?" I nodded, and he gripped me tighter. Then something hit me.

"Does this mean you have to take me to interview?" I hoped the answer was no, but I was sadly mistaken.

"Sadly, yes but you can still work on the case." I nodded again, and wriggled out of his grasp.

"It's OK. We just need to catch the killer!"  Ray nodded, then let me be. I started to look around. In 5 minutes, I found four blood spatters, a blood trail, and three finger prints. A couple minutes later, Allie started taking pictures. After she finished with Destiny, some people started to move the body. As they rolled her over, I noticed a piece of paper stuck to her back.

"Hold on guys, hold her still!" I called out. The looked up, and nodded. I walked over, and called over Allie. She took some pictures, then resumed where she was. I pulled the paper off Destinys' back, and started to read the letter, after opening it. It read, in a very fine writing;

My dear beloved April, as you have seen, I killed your friend. You must be asking yourself, why? Well, it's simple, I'm in love with you. It may seen to be that I hate you, which is a lie. I only murdered your dear Destiny to grasp your attention, which I have succeeded in. To find the next victim, you must look in the place where your favourite sport is played. Have a brilliant day, but keep a watch on your boy toy!

 My boy to-- Oh he did not mean Jace! Jace was my boyfriend, but he was out of town. He came back sometime today.

"Detective Wison, someone's here to see you!" Ray's irritatedvoice rang out. I wonder who peed in his cereal this morning. I trudged over the where Ray was standing, and saw my boyfriend standing outside the tape, lookign very worried.

Ray's POV

We drove to the crime scene in silence. I felt April tense beside me as we drove closer. I wonder what's wrong. Maybe something bad happened to her here. I pondered this until we got to the scene. As April spotted the victim, her eyes' went wide. She threw open the door, and ran toward the scene. She knelled next the the victim, and her head drooped. As I step out of the car, I hear her crying. I get worried, so I make my way over, and I hugged her. She looked up at me with her red eyes.

"I-I'm sorry," she apoligiesed, but I don't know why. Sadness is an emotion with cannot be avoided.

"Did you know her?" She seemed pretty upset. I almost thought it was her sister, but they don't look alike. She nodded, and I could feel my heart break. I hated to see April like this. 

As I stared into her eyes, I could see a light bulb go off in her head.

"Does this mean you have to  to interview?" I thought about that. If she was interviewed, she couldn't be on the case, but it was my choice. She could intervene with evidence if she knew the killer, but she was my best agent. If she had to interrogate a suspect, and it was her friend, she could be soft, but, she was the toughest interrogator.  I decided to let her stay.

"Sadly, yes but you can still work on the case." She nodded, looking relieved.

"OK, lets catch this killer!" I nodded, then headed off. April went to get evidence, while I went to see witnessess. There was one young man, talking to Allie. He was probably April's friend, or the victim's boyfriend.

"I'll take it from here Allie. Thanks," she glared at me, and stuck out her tounge, but left. I walked up to the man.

"Hello sir, I'm Detective Johnson, the head detective on this case. May I ask how you know the victim?" He hesitated for a second, but decided to talk to me.

"I'm Destinys' friend. May I ask if Detective Wilson is working to case?"  I don't know if I should answer that question. I mean, April could be mad. Well, I wouldn't let anything happen to her anyways, so, why not. But first I need to ask some questions

"What is your connection to Detective Wilson?"

"I'm her boyfriend, and I must speak to her immediately!" I felt a small amount of jealousy. OK, more like a lot of jealousy. April never mentioned a boyfriend.

"Detective Wilson, someones here to see you!" I probably sounded annoyed, which I was. She put down whatever she was doing, and walked over. I stared at her face as she saw her boyfriend. Her face went from annoyed, to shocked, to relieved. She ran over to the tape, and hugged him. She wrapped her arm's around his neck, while his went around her waist. I really wish I was in that position, not him.

She let go of him, and looked him in the eyes. He looked very worried, yet relieved to be near her.

"I'm so sorry I had to leave April, if I would have stayed longer, maybe Des would still be alive. I'm so so sorry April." That boy really sounded sincere.

"Jace, don't be sorry," so that's the boy toy's name, "is wasn't something you could have prevented. Plus, if you wouldn't have done, you wouldn't have you job, And you wouldn't have the journalism job." April's voice broke at the end, She started crying again. I decided to give her the day off.

"Detective Wilson, April looked at me, as well as Jace, "you can go home if you wish, I know this is stressful for you." She nodded, then ducked under the tape.

"Thanks boss, I appretiate it." I smiled

"Of course, I wouldn't want my star agent to be less than awesome!" I always turned something serious into something funny. She smiled slightly, and turned around. Jace put his arm on her waist, and walked away.

"Wilson?" She turned around. "Do you want a ride home?" She looked at Jace, and he answered.

"She lives right over there, we'll walk." He pointed south of the scene, and headed in the direction. Leaving a dumbfounded me.

{A.N. Merry New Years! Hope you have a good one, and have a great year!!!!!!! And just little question; who do you think April is gonna end up with in the end? Jace or Ray? ILY (not in the gay way tho!) and i tryed uploaded pictures, so I hope it works picture of April----->