Part 2 - Twilight Town

As the sun peaked it's light into Kairi's room, Riku woke up on the floor and stood up with a stretch.

"Kairi,you up?" Riku asked as he turned to see Kairi still sleeping in her bed.

"I hope she doesn't wake up screaming..." Riku muttered to himself "...but I doubt it." Riku added with a sigh as he picked his jacket off the floor and slid it back onto his body.

"Sora's death..." Riku began to speak but caught himself mid sentence, still not fully comfortable with the concept of his best friend being gone forever.

The white-haired man shook his head before he walked out of Kairi's room and stood in the hallway directly outside the girl's bedroom.

"Riku? Is that you?" An elderly voice said catching Riku off guard.

"Oh....sorry ma'am." Riku apologized as he looked to see Kairi's grandmother coming out of her room which was on the other side of the hall.

"Don't apologize dear, you and I both know you're only here because Kairi was having another one of her nightmares." The old woman replied as she slowly walked towards Riku "She's been having those dreadful dreams almost every night since you kids returned." she finished her sentence as she finally stopped in front of Riku.

"Yeah....it's because of Sora." Riku replied as he turned away as to avoid making eye contact and showing the sadness in his eyes to the elderly woman.

"Riku dear, there's no need to hide your feelings from me..." She spoke "Sora was just as much a friend to you as he was to Kairi and I know that as well as anyone." The grandmother added as she walked out of the hallway and towards the house's living room.

"That boy was something else. When Kairi was younger, she couldn't stop talking about you and Sora..." Kairi's grandmother reflected "...She'd tell me all these stories about you two and the times you shared on that island she'd always go off to."

Riku followed the old woman into the living room, she had already sat down in a comfortable looking recliner that sat next to the front door.

"Riku....a long time ago I told Kairi something very important." The old woman spoke, Riku turned to face her as she spoke. "..Even in the deepest darkness, there will always be a light to guide you...Do you know what this means?" The elder said wistfully.

Riku turned away from the grandma and walked towards the front door, the muscular boy opened the door and then looked over his shoulder at the woman again.

"I think I might....but I'm not sure." Riku said before leaving the house with the sound of the door closing signalling his departure to the entire house.

Riku walked down the day lit path of the island town, lost in thought about Sora and what Kairi's grandmother had said.

"...A light...to guide me?" Riku thought to himself "WAIT!" The man exclaimed before pulling out his phone and dialing a number.

The phone's dial tone rang out for a bit before it stopped and Donald appeared on the man's screen.

"Riku?" Donald asked in his unmistakable voice.

"Yeah....Do you know anything about the "Radiant Garden Restoration Committee?" Riku asked over the phone.

"Why do you ask?" Donald replied as he suspiciously cocked one eye.

"I had an idea that might help as find Sora." Riku answered "Meet me on Destiny Island." he added before hanging up on Donald and running back towards Kairi's house.

A little later, Donald and Goofy were waiting on the island shore for Riku to show up.

The impatient duck was tapping his left foot rapidly while his arms were firmly crossed across his chest.