"Rum seems to make you bold, m'lord" she whispered while he placed kisses on her neck. As confirmation of her statement, he fingered over the lacing of her gown and without permission from her side he ripped it open. It was indeed unlike him, Jade figured, the Lord commonly was more patient with such matters than she was. Although, not this time it seemed, for he paid no thought to the fact that the gown was now useless until Miss Goodwright had replaced the lacing. Unless she wished to meet the Lord's family in a gown with an open back, of course. Surely, she would be able to convince them it was the latest fashion in Paris, still that course of action did not seemed optimal. All this matter with the ruined gown, was nothing Jade cared much for, she was busy with unbuttoning the Lord's coat, while he let her gown slide down and leave her torso bare. The slightly chill and damped air within the cabin made the hair on her back stand. She shuddered when he dragged his fingers over her skin. She leaned her head back and felt her shape hit the cold wood table, and heard how he began unlacing his trousers. She gasped, and reached the side of the table, when he pressed his waist against hers. He grasped her thigh and lifted her leg higher up. Then he began to thrust before her, first slowly, then after a while, more confidently. Jade arched her back and giggled softly, while a groan escaped his lips. When the movement became quicker, she sat up and placed her arms around his neck. Her sudden change in position caused the Lord to stumble to the side, which revealed that he still had some rum in his blood. Beckett stopped moving, and felt how Jade took a firmer grip around his shoulders to prevent him from losing his balance once more. He looked up at her with wary eyes, but no harm was done, for she still smiled and leaned in to place a kiss on his lips. A glimpse of mischief flickered in her eyes when she began to rotate her hips, which caused him to moan. The smile on her lips got wider when she received the effect that she'd wished for. He narrowed his eyes slightly, but could not prevent himself from smiling. He took a hold around the small of her back, as he began rolling his waist once again. Jade gasped and leaned in to place her forehead against his neck. She heard how he panted as the grip on her back became firmer, she nudged her hips closer to him. He grunted and buried his face in her hair, as he thrust back and forth. His breaths became rapid, while he tilted his head up with a slightly opened mouth. His grimaced in delight while he quickly shoved his waist against hers, a long moan escaped his lips as he shuddered. With his head against her shoulder, he caught his breath. 

Even if Beckett's first acquaintance with First mate Brady, and the other crew members hadn't precisely been to his pleasure, he still joined Jade to the quarters the following evenings of their journey. Of course he drank no more rum, for he still considered it just as vulgar as before he had been more or less forced into trying it. Despite this, he accompanied her and sat patiently besides her while she drank and sang with the other men. Perhaps more for her sake than for his own. When he, after some time, had grown more bored of sitting all quiet than bitter over the poor manners of the sailors, he had in fact found himself enjoying discussing with Brady rather more than he had expected. The man was ill educated, no doubt, yet frank and righteous in his approach. Perhaps, mostly of all, what made the Lord grow fond of speaking with the First mate was that they shared a similar contempt for pirates. Which was quite ironic, in fact, because both of them were quite fond of Jade. 

On the starboard side they now caught a sight of Britain, still not much was seen of it at this hour for the Irish Sea rested in a thick fog which had surrounded them whence the darkness had come. Just as every other night, Brady offered Beckett the rum, by holding the bottle before him with raised brows. Just as every other night, the Lord declined. To begin with, the First mate had made this gesture out of sincerity, to be certain Beckett didn't want a drink after all, when he had filled his own cup. Now, some evenings later, Brady merely did it in order to mock the Lord, for he was already fully aware of what the answer would be. Beckett himself had given up on any attempt of practiced friendliness and the polite excuse for why he declined the so kind offer, and now simply shook his head with a slightly irritated countenance. This only caused Brady to chuckle more each time he joined the Lord.