The two girls were fangirling over Joshua Bassett and Matt Cornett, arguing which was cuter as the trailer was still playing.

Cody Sallow cleared his throat. "Adley and Zaylee can we get started?" Cody was also in the drama club. No one knew exactly why, I mean, if you saw him from the exterior he didn't seem like a kind of guy who would enjoy singing and prancing around. But he loved drama with his whole heart and was pretty good at it too. Although, Lacey didn't know this because she'd never gone to one of the shows before.

"Sorry," the drama geeks laughed a little as Adley, the president, put her phone away, and Zaylee, the assistant, gave a quick apology. "What's on the agenda for today?"

"Not much since it's the first day. The principal is looking for someone to do the morning announcements..."

"I'll do it," Zaylee gladly shot her hand up.

"Alright," Cody said, jotting something down on his clipboard. "They're also thinking about giving each grade level a separate free period on Friday's to those who have citizenship, starting in November, so that we can watch the High School Musical Series season four, and get any work done."

"That's awesome," many members of the student council agreed.

Lacey rolled her eyes, but kept her mouth shut. She wasn't a fan of the show, but she'd watch it because when you go to the school it's filmed at, you don't really have a choice. She didn't see anything special about it though. It had been almost three years since the first season had came out. Ratings scored so high that there was a chance Disney would finally go over their four season limit.

In Lacey's opinion, it got annoying. She didn't even like the show that much to begin with, it wasn't interesting to her and it wasn't realistic. Anyone you'd meet would ask you what it was like going to a school the show and movies were filmed at. The whole world was obsessed with the show. You couldn't even post a picture on Instagram with the school's location without crazy fan accounts finding it.

And before you ask, no, she's never met Joshua Bassett. Let alone seen a cast member on set.

"Okay, we should get out of here pretty quickly," Cody said, checking stuff off his list. "Does anyone have any concerns for this school year?"

"Well, actually I have one," Zaylee said, raising her hand. Adley gave her a look of sympathy, as if she knew what she was gonna say.

"As the student council, it's our job to care about the student body, right? We're the club in charge of all clubs."

"Yeah? Go on," Cody spoke.

"Well, would you guys be willing to try and spread the word about drama club? It seems that our numbers seem to drop every year."

Everyone in the group was shocked.

"Are you just being overdramatic?" A junior asked. "I never hear much about the drama club, but being that this is literally East High I thought we had a pretty strong one."

"She's serious," Adley said. "Last spring, we barely had enough show up to auditions."

"That seems very unrealistic," Lacey spoke up, surprising everyone. She rarely spoke at these meetings. The other students often forgot she was on the student council.

"What would you know?" Zaylee asked.

"What would I know?" Lacey laughed. "It's simple. I know that High School Musical was filmed here, along with their reboot TV show. When people think of East High, they don't think of the football team or the student council. They think of High School Musical."