"Let's skip over introductions, yeah?" The girl suggested and glanced at her friends from over her shoulder as she leant closer to me.

"Okay..."

"I just thought I'd let you know that you have no chance with Embry Call. He isn't in your league and when Paul Lahote gets back I'd recommend you don't even think about laying a finger on him either, because he's mine" She informed me with a firm tone. I felt the corners of my lips twitching and I attempt to hold back my laughter. This sounded like a movie I watched the other night—I swear. This girl was very confident, I had to give her that, and her tone was even and unwavering. She meant every word that she was saying, despite how ridiculous she sounded.

"Does this Paul guy know you two are in a relationship?" I asked smirking. This seemed to throw her off and her expression faltered before she could catch it. Her eyes narrowed in annoyance, but her confidence still glowed through her every word.

"You are the new girl, so let me set something straight," She paused, "If you want your life to plummet downhill then carry on with your smartass responses, otherwise nod your head and back off and your experience at La Push High will be painless. Remember, new girl, everyone fears me and you are no exception!" She warned. Despite the small part of me that wanted to laugh, there was another part that was dissecting the anger that was seeping through her pores. But it wasn't just anger, desperation was mixed within it, making this girl all the more dangerous.

"Alright, mate. Relax before you hurt yourself. I'm not even into Embry like that, so I don't get why we have an issue?" I assured her, slowly sitting down.

"I don't care, Kira. I'm here to set the record straight." I nodded.

"Okay, consider it set. I'm peeing myself in terror right about now, so you're welcome to re-join your herd" I promised her, my tone level. Hilary leaned in closer again, the anger behind her eyes growing into rage. For a second I thought she may lash out or attempt to attack me, based off of the intensity behind her eyes, but the teachers voice seemed to hold her back from doing anything irreversible.

"Class is starting, now. Why don't you find your seat, Hilary?" Mr Winchester's voice asked from the front of the room. Hilary took a step back and pulled herself together, forcing a smile onto her lips.

"Him and LaHote have a bet" She said quickly and in a quiet voice. I almost missed the comment as I expected her to listen to Mr Winchester's request.

"I don't even know this Paul guy."

"That's because he's out of town at the moment, but he's such a player. But him and Embry have a bet going on and you're just another pawn in their game" She rambled. I noticed Mr Winchester glaring at Hilary's clear disobedience.

"What's the bet?" I figured I'd humour her.

"See how many girls they can sleep with in a month" She said, lifting an eyebrow. I narrowed my eyes at her this time and assessed her expression, trying to decipher how serious she was or if she was pulling my leg just to feel more powerful in our exchange. Her confidence was blaring, but I knew girls like this and their confidence was not a reliable emotion to work off of, usually I'd have to go beyond that but not for this girl and not right now.