Chapter Twenty-Three: Something Peculiar

Start from the beginning

Sakura is busy in the Hospital and she suspected Naruto is busy with his studies that should've been done long ago and he most likely couldn't leave Hinata's side.

So the question struck her, what does Sasuke do during the day? Surely he wouldn't be lounging off in her apartment and sleeping all day.

"I train."

His answer was simple. And Sakura nodded. What else would he be doing anyways? Sakura stole a glance at Sasuke. He was more fit than usual. His physique, despite being lean, is still firm with muscles that Sakura knew all too well.

At that thought Sakura reddened and she shook her head, her pink hair wildly swaying as she did so and it caught Sasuke's attention who stared at her bewildered.

"Is something wrong?" He asked, looking at the pinkette.

"N-Nothing, Sasuke-kun!"

Clearly something was wrong, judging by how her face was as pink as her hair. Sasuke just shrugged off and didn't think much about it.

By morning the same old routine happened. While Sasuke was eating, Sakura noticed the bandages wrapped around his hand. Her eyes linger longer than what is less suspicious and Sasuke had to explain why there are bandages even though Sakura wasn't asking.

"I was training. Things like this often happen. It's nothing serious."

Sakura sighed. Being a medic ninja, she somehow developed an instinctive sense to cure someone wounded.

"Sasuke-kun, why don't you come with me to the Hospital?" Sakura asked as she walked towards the living room, putting her coat. Before she does completely put her coat, Sasuke's hand instinctively touched the crest on her back and Sakura almost jumped in surprise but relaxed in seconds as Sasuke's hand linger on the crest before pulling it away.

"Sure," he answered.

"I'm sure the children missed you. It's been a while since you last went there." Sasuke remembered the first and only time he went to the Hospital. He remember the young girl but couldn't put his mind to remember her name.

When they arrived at the Hospital, some of Sakura's colleagues whom they passed on their way, greeted them good morning and some wore a knowing smile when they see the Uchiha trailing behind Sakura.

The room was not big but it was clean, aside from some papers sprawled on the table to which Sakura arranged right away. She was picking some papers and arranging them between the ones she already read and the ones she hasn't while leaving Sasuke who sat on a stool behind her.

Sakura remembered the document that she needed to read because her fellow Doctors need her opinion in regards of it. She looked around her desk but couldn't find the document. That's when she remembered that she didn't take the document last night from her colleague.

"Sasuke-kun, can you wait here. I just have to–"

The moment she turned to look at Sasuke her sentence was immediately cut off and the files she was holding slipped from her hands, the papers falling on the floor creating yet another mess.