Chapter 27

Marley and Jake were in the car on their way to Aisha's house to tell her about Liv and the new baby. Jake held Marley's hand and drove with the other. "She'll be happy, Marls. Don't be nervous."

"What makes you think I'm nervous?"

"Your hand is sweating. She'll be ecstatic to have two grandchildren."

"I just don't want her to be mad at me for not telling you about Liv all those years."

"Like I told you, I'm almost one hundred percent positive that she already knows." Jake gave Marley's hand a squeeze and brought it up to his lips, placing a kiss on it.

"Okay, but you're telling her."

"About both?"

"Yes, I think I'm so nervous that I might throw up if I try to speak."

"Are you sure that's not just morning sickness?"

"It's probably a combination of both."

Jake pulled into his mother's driveway. He had talked to her earlier and told her that they would be coming over and that they had some great news, of course she tried to get him to tell her but he told her he wanted to see her face. She agreed and told him to hurry up so he and Marley could tell her. "You ready, Marls?"

"Let's do this." Marley smiled at Jake as she unbuckled her seat belt and stepped out of the car. She and Jake walked hand in hand to the door, when Jake was about to knock the door flung open.

"Jake! Marley! I told you not to knock next time, Jake." Aisha smiled as she gave them both a hug, then allowed them to come in. She led them to livingroom and they took a seat across from her on one of the couches while Aisha took a seat on another one.

"What is this news? I'm about to burst from curiosity and excitement!" Aisha laughed as she urged them to tell her the news.

"Well, mom there's actually two things, one I'm pretty sure that you already know." Jake smiled as he watched his mom, she was keeping a smile on her face but he could tell she really wanted to know.

"Does the one have to do with Liv?" Aisha looked at them accusingly.

"Yes, she's mine. She's our daughter."

Aisha had a giant smile on her face and it got bigger. "I know."

"We know that, we just thought we'd tell you." Jake smiled as he tried to drag out telling her about the baby.

"What's the second thing?"

Jake placed his hand on Marley's stomach and looked at his mom. "Marley's pregnant."

Aisha had tears in her eyes, she stood up and walked over to them both hugging them tightly. "Another baby! I need pictures!"

Jake laughed as he watched his mom get her camera and he quietly whispered an I told you so to Marley, who just laughed with him. When his mom returned she made them take a few pictures, then she set her camera down. "I can't believe this, it's so amazing. Are you going to have the baby here?"

Marley smiled and looked at Aisha. "This time, yeah. I want Jake to be there with me and I want you and my mom and Charlie to see her after he or she is born."

Aisha's smile brightened at those words. "Good, I can't wait. What do you want it to be? A boy or a girl?"

Jake let Marley speak first. "I want another girl, but I would love having a boy too."

"I'm not sure if I want a boy or girl, either way I'll be happy of course. But, I don't know about that yet."

"Marley, I want to ask you something."