The Clown From The Subway

Start from the beginning

'What I'd give to have a guy like you for my daughter.' He thought he could Murry say to him.

"Hey, he's just tryin to be nice, lady." One of the men butted in, gesturing towards his friend. "You're known to talk alot on stage, saying how you think Thomas Wayne is overrated.." The man sat beside her and laid a hand on her thigh. She jerked away and slide down the subway seat, but the third man sat beside her, blocking her exit.

"Sounds like you're all bark, but no bite." He wrapped an arm around her and pulled her into his chest. She pushed against him and yelled for him to let her go.

At this point, Arthur feels the tickle in the back of his throat. God no, not here..

It's pointless. Arthur can't hold back his snickering anymore. His quiet chuckle soon starts to become an uncontrollable fit of laughter. Pained laughter.

The sudden laughter causes the four in the back of the cart to turn their attention to the clown. The men exchange confused looks at one another before standing to their feet and slowly making their way towards the man in pain.

"What's so funny, bud?" One of the men asked, hanging off one of the subway poles like a dance. (Y/n) looked at Arthur between the gaps of the three men. They don't make eye contact but she can see that Arthur isn't laughing on purpose or to distract the men for her sake. This was something he couldn't stop.

Arthur shook his head, his strained voice trying to get words out. He waved at the three, trying to dismiss himself. One of the men smirked at the clown and started singling an unfamiliar tune. Soon enough the other two joined, sitting down on each side of Arthur. Trapping him as the third kneeled in front of him and tearing the lime green wig from his head.

"I'll ask you again, old man. What's so fuckin funny?"

"I-I.." A forced sentenced left Arthur, one that he repeated often to those who questioned his outbursts. "I have a condition." He fell into spits of laughter again, reaching into his bag to fish out a dismissive card.

One of the men yanked the bag from him, causing Arthur to stand in protest. The other man quickly took a hold of Arthur and pulled him back. The situation now became dire.

(Y/n) shifted in her seat, once uneasy, now terrified. Were these men about to beat this just as frightened clown?

"Leave him alone!" She stood up and stormed up to the french dry man. She shoved him away from Arthur, causing the guy to stumble a bit. The one holding Arthur's bag tossed the satchel aside and grabbed (y/n)'s arm.

"That's not very nice, sweetcheeks." He yanked her easily into one of the subway seats, keeping her seat with his foot on her chest, pressing hard. She cried out, clawing at his pants leg.

Arthur couldn't allow her to put herself in harm's way. She wasn't suppose to be here. She should be at home, safe. The fact that she was being held down by some asshole made Arthur fume. Angered by the action, he leaned back into the guy that bound him and kicked the man off of (y/n). The man fell into the other and they both stumbled to the ground. The kick forced both Arthur and his captor to fall to the ground. Arthur was quick and made it to his feet. He turned to the hostess and rushed to her.

"Hey. Hey, are you okay?" He asked gently, checking to see if she had any injuries. All she did was nod rapidly, obviously still distressed.

"Woow, don't we have a feisty one here.." The man who had offered french fries, shoved Arthur away before delivering a punch to his face. Knocking him to the ground. (Y/n) cried out as her only ally was taken down and was repeatedly kicked by the others.