Chapter 1: Bittersweet

??? P.O.V.

There's still no sign of Yveltal or Giratina, my lord, I said quietly. Lord Arceus sighed.

Five years. No doubt that they went to the Distortion World, he replied.

I always knew that Yveltal was trouble, I said, frowning.

Indeed he is. I regret ever giving him permission to return to Legendary Island.

Is there anything else we can do? I ask.

No. Giratina is the only one who can get into the Distortion World. Yveltal entered when the portal opened due to the immense power the Lake Trio used to fulfill that wretched Ana's wish. There is no other way to get in, he replied.

Lord Arceus, there must be a way, I insisted.

But there is not. The Lake Trio refuse to leave their caves in the Sinnoh Lakes anymore. Without them, we cannot do anything. We can't even reverse that curse put on that boy Gary and put things right.

Thank you for your time, Lord Arceus, I said sadly, bowing. This whole thing was horrible. I couldn't believe that someone would be so evil that they would snatch someone's love right out of their hands. And Yveltal... there was no telling what he was doing.

Hopefully, Giratina was currently trying to track him down and defeat him. The Distortion World was humongous, and exploring the whole thing can take a decade or more.

In my human form, I try my best to act like a cheerful, bubbly person to drown out the fact that I was clueless.

But I wasn't sure how much longer that act would last.

??? P.O.V.

It's been five years already... five years since I left my human form behind without a trace. No one remembers who I was. Only (Name) (Last Name). But I trust her with my life.

Five years... and I still haven't found Yveltal, dammit!

That evil Pokemon... wanting revenge... how foolish. He may have beaten me years ago, when I was forced to turn into my human form, but this time, it will be different. I have been looking for him. When I find him, I will destroy him and keep him from harnessing the power of darkness.

I am often viewed as a demon. But I am on the good side.

I may be a Pokemon with dark powers. But am I supposed to be viewed like this just because I have powers like this? In my opinion, it's not about what powers you have. It's about how you use them.

I'm judged by how I look. My outside appearance practically screams, "evil." But that's not me.

I serve Arceus's good cause with all my heart. And I will stop Yveltal from destroying the world, no matter what it takes.

Even if it means that I must sacrifice myself in the process.

The utter truth is revealed. I am the only one that can access the Distortion World by will and not through the portal, like how Yveltal. Not even Lord Arceus himself. If I am to save the world, I have to risk everything, even my life, and just hope that everything will turn out like it's supposed to.

(Name)'s P.O.V.

It's been quite a while. More than just quite a while. Five years. Five years since... that happened. I have to admit, I was an idiot. Why didn't I just tell him while I had the chance? Why didn't I try to get him to remember who I was?

Well... honestly, it was all because of the sake of his happiness. He just looked so happy, with that snobby bitch by his side. I couldn't being myself to tell him the truth or... he might not accept it and lose his mind because he won't be able to distinguish the truth from the lies.