Chapter 14: Not a Fairy Tale

His eyes were warm, his smile inviting, his hand reached to lace with hers-

Then she woke.

(Name) sighed, ashamed at herself for even dreaming about something like that. Marriage was still a far-off fantasy.

The room was still dark, and she could hear Gary shifting beside her as she closed her eyes once again.

Drifting off into peaceful bliss, (Name) wouldn't want to have her life be any other way.

Which was unfortunate, as these conditions would definitely not last long.

~~~

A tear dripped down the little pink Pokemon's face. Mesprit glanced hopelessly at the blue Lake Guardian's tiny body trapped in the Master Ball next to itself. Ana's gonna force us to cast the spell full-force, Mesprit told Azelf telepathically. We didn't keep the full promise. We didn't make the spell to last. I'm relieved that at least Uxie is safe though.

Ana's going to pay one day, Azelf sent back angrily. But... but not before she gets what she wants. Our lakes are darkening with pollution. I can feel it. If we don't get back soon, we won't be able to stop it. She said she would release us once we comply. We have no choice.

Indeed, Mesprit agreed.

~~~

Uxie breathed heavily. Now not only was it in charge of its own lake but its fellow guardians' lakes as well, and it was losing energy quickly. Inhale. Exhale. Inhale. Exhale. Uxie calmed itself and began to fight the oncoming darkness appearing in Azelf and Mesprit's lakes. I have to protect these lakes. Even if it means sacrificing my life. Because my life can save countless others.

~~~

"Arceus!" Darkrai's voice boomed. "Cresselia and I haven't been able to find a trace of him."

"Neither have we," Giratina sighed, gesturing to herself and Yveltal.

"We MUST find him!" Arceus roared. "He has to be punished for what he has done!" Cresselia swallowed nervously.

"Lord Arceus," she began quietly. "We... we've also lost contact with Shaymin..." Yveltal gritted its teeth.

He's replacing who I am, he's becoming the monster I was, and this time, I am making sure no one is going to make the same mistakes as I did. I was foolish and idiotic, and I am going to do everything in my power to make sure that even he won't fall as deep into darkness as I did. He needs to be stopped to be saved.

~~~

Jamie didn't know what to do. Shaymin was knocked out and she had no Pokemon on her. It was time. Time to reveal who she really was.

Tears stung her eyes. All these years she had been under a false facade. When she met Shaymin, she swore she would never show her real self.

All these years, the person (Name) was looking for wasn't her cover, but who she was when she wasn't pretending to be somebody else.

"I have no choice but to return to the person I really am..." Her brown hair grew to reach her waist. Her eyes shifted from dark brown to brilliant green. Her height increased, to reach one of an average 26-year old woman.

No one knew.

No one suspected a thing.

"Thank you, Mr. Mime, for using Light Screen to alter my appearance all these years," the woman whispered softly to one of her Pokeballs.