Part One - Lanya

Dedicated to all the children who have lost their lives in school shootings and OneVoiceManyChildren for the idea.

---

Part One - Lanya

---

I was tired of all these alerts, these attacks. I just couldn't stand them anymore. Why did they attack? I don't know. Were they trying to scare people? Maybe.

They wouldn't scare me, anyway.

"Lanya."

"Lanya."

I broke off from my trance, momentarily distracted. "Yes, Mme. Rameau?"

She sighed. "I was asking you how you would say the bread in French."

"It's said le pain, and would be used for example in a sentence like Je mange du pain. I eat bread."

"Very good, Lanya. Can you pay a bit more attention in the future?"

"Yes, Mme. Rameau..."

Mme Rameau was my favourite teacher. She always supported me in my choices and encouraged me to choose my path. 

I already knew what it was. My lifelong aim was to save others, those innocent people who hadn't done anything to deserve this cruel death.

Death by school shootings.

I didn't have many friends, being introverted and dreamy, but what I did have I'm great quantities was imagination and determination. I wouldn't let anything - or anyone - stop me when I set my mind on a goal. 

I had already done everything I could to convince others, but most had laughed at me, telling me it wasn't worth it, trying to make me feel weak.

They hadn't managed.

And just when I had finally managed to convince the newspaper club to let me public articles about this, when I had trained for days in order to know escape routes, draw peace signs, try to make my voice sound convincing... They had broken me.

"All students and staff are required to stay in their room at all times until further notice. Protect yourself as much as you can."

<><><><>

Thanks for reading.

If you're on Discord, please join this server (created by me) : 

https://discord.gg/3fD3nwX