Don't be a bore Matty.

Start from the beginning

"You don't know what she's thinking Matty, give her some time and just be yourself. You acting like a moody, hormonal teenager isn't going to get you anywhere." George had a good point, it was probably going to make things much worse actually.

"I guess you're right, maybe I should stop thinking about this too much and just have some fucking fun." I looked at my best mate and grinned.

"That's more like it." He put his hand on my shoulder and squeezed it. "Let's go get smashed."

We went into the kitchen and begun drinking as much alcohol as we could get our hands on. I wanted to feel weightless for a bit and stop the thoughts of Alyssa swimming around my head. As much as I wanted to confront her I knew it was pointless, she was still with Mason for some stupid reason and there was basically nothing I could do about it.

George passed me a bottle of wine from my cupboard and grinned at me. "Your favourite mate." It was nice to see him trying to make me feel better, he is a good friend.

"Thanks." I gave him a nod as I took the wine out of his hand and opened it. The wine was bitter but it went down like a treat, something that I truly didn't realise I needed so badly until now.

"You got sniff by the way?" George asked. I looked at him and nodded.

"You want some?" I asked in return.

"Why not, fuck it." He shrugged. I turned and motioned for him to follow me to my room. Once we got there I went into my top drawer and pulled out a baggy of cocaine and emptied some out onto the dresser and set up a few lines. George took a few then I did the rest. It had been something I was becoming more and more dependent on since this mess in my life begun to take over.

"Fuck." I mumbled, wiping my nose with the back of my hand. I felt the rush hit my head and I lazily grinned to George.

"We haven't done this in a while." George pointed out. Maybe he hasn't but I surely have been doing it recently. He pulled out a pack of fags and slipped out two joints, passing me one. I lit it up and took a long drag.

"Do you think this album is going to be as liked as the first?" I asked him, feeling that slight rush of worry wave over me.

"Of course mate, it's good." He tried to reassure me. I leaned against the dresser and sighed, taking another inhale.

"I just get worried that it won't be as well liked and all this work has been for nothing." He looked at me and shook his head.

"You worry too much about these things, it's gonna be great. I can't wait to finally get it out there and for everyone to finally see what we've been doing." He said, leaning against the closet door. A knock at the door made us both look over to it. I walked over and opened it, Alyssa was stood on the other side swaying on the spot slightly.

"What on earth are you guys doing in here?" She said drunkenly, a huge grin plastered on her face.

"Illegal things." I shot back, her eyes lit up slightly.

"Can I join?" The way she looked at me sent shivers down my spine. I opened the door and let her in.

"Where's Mason?" I asked, she spun around to look at me.

"He had to leave." She shrugged. What a shame.

"So now you wanna spend time with us, we see how it is." I said playfully. She rolled her eyes and then looked over at the dresser where the coke was sitting.

"You guys are doing coke?" She asked. I looked at George with a raised eyebrow.

"Yeah, we are." George spoke up.