"Alaïah! Good to see you. I haven't seen much of you, have the boys been hogging you?"

"I guess you could say that." I laughed.

"You look lovely by the way. Very patriotic with the red and white. But Rose's are associated with rugby if I'm not mistaken." I just nodded and smiled in response.

"Sorry Gazza but I'm going to have to steal Alaïah, if that's alright with you?"

"That's fine, I'll talk to you later Gareth."

"Alright, take care. And Jesse, how many times do I have to tell you to stop calling me that?"

"Sorry Gaz." He laughed as I followed him to the table he was sitting at. Everyone from the car was there along with Joe and-
Trent.

"Oh, Trent. I didn't see you come in."

"Yeah, well I did." He smiled sarcastically.

"Anyway.... after this, we're all headed to a party, would you like to come?" Jesse offered.

"Well I mean, you're my ride so I kind of have to."

"Great. It'll be fun."

"I think I need a little fun. I'm so tired of everything right now."
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Dinner had been served and obliterated and we were ready to go to the party I still didn't know the location of.

We were back in the car headed to wherever.

"So who's staying sober out of you lot?"

"Sober? Why?"

"So they can drive us all back safely? What, were you planning on drink driving?"

"No, we'll probably just spend the night."

"Spend the night? I don't even know where we're going and you expect me to spend the night. And besides, I don't have any PJ's or toiletries."

"Alaïah, chill it's all covered."

The sounds of loud music and people soon came within reach as we pulled up to a house. It looked like something out of a movie or grand design or something.

"Come on let's go." Jesse said as he held his arm out for me to hold onto.

"Before we go in, promise you won't leave me alone."

"What are you squared?"

"Jesse I'm being serious, look how many people are in there. Statistically, a lot of them could be murderers, you just never know."

"Alright, alright. Jeez, I'll stay with you." He laughed as we entered the house.

"Jesse!" A man that looked about middle aged in an expensive looking white suit approached him as he shook hands with him and the rest of the boys.

"Mike! Good to see you, I brought someone with me if that's okay?"

"Of course, the more the merrier. How could I say no to Jesse's girlfriend?"

"I'm not his girlfriend, we're just friends."

"That ring on your finger says otherwise."

"This is from someone else."

"Oh, so you're a player. I see."

"Can we go somewhere else, Jesse?"

"I'm just messing around. Come on have a drink, we've got plenty to go around."