5 - Anticipation

Start bij het begin

Your eye was pretty much healed at this point and you were ready to make an official date with your new love interest

That evening, after getting home from a tiring day of job searching, you text him,

7:32p: (You) Good evening, Bruno! I'm think I'm ready for that date you promised! 😉

7:35p: (Bruno) Ah, good evening, Bella! Are you free tomorrow evening then? I've been planning since the first time we spoke on the phone. ☺️

You blushed.

7:36p: (You) Yes I am! 😁😁😁

At this point, you didn't care how open you made yourself to him. Now that you know he likes you, why hold back? You assumed you both were too old for games.

7:39p: (Bruno) Meraviglioso! May I come pick you up at 8pm, darling?

7:40p: (You) Perfecto! Can't wait to see you again!

7:41p: (Bruno) See you then, fiore. You'll be on my mind till then. ♥️😘

Your heart melted at that last text. You graced your way to your closet to look for something to wear. The date was official.

💙

At Bruno's Residence, The next day:

It was late afternoon and Bruno was cutting up some tomatoes, vegetables & fresh basil from his garden and cleaning some fish he caught fresh today. He was very nervous about this first date with you because he knew he wanted to impress you thoroughly.

Women, men & non-binary alike threw themselves at him on a regular basis, especially because Bruno just so happened to be a man of power....But even with all that, his intelligence, his unwavering kindness, his charm, and his androgynous good looks, he never really had the opportunity to "go on dates" like one would think. There haven't been many people that ever caught his interest.... Not like the way you did.

His line of work, which he was sucked into since he was virtually a child still, never really allowed him to anyway, even if he wanted to. Yes, his line of work..... It was a dangerous one, one that he's scared to tell you about. He knows that he will likely have to tell you eventually, but the thought of doing so possibly pushing you away brings him to fight back tears.

As a result of this occupation, His makeshift familia consists of 5 other boys that he has been taking care of for about a year now. This familia, also happens to be part of his "crew". All of his crew have their own special abilities. They are a handful but he saw something in all of them that society cared not to nurture. He wanted to be the one to give them reasons to push on in life.

As he finished cutting all his ingredients, one the oldest (besides himself) of the young men came out to the kitchen.

"Smells good. What's the occasion?" He said. He was a strapping young man, a few inches taller than Bruno with slightly broader shoulders, lilac-silver, past-the-shoulder cascading hair dressed in all black with a sharp V Neck form-fitting tunic and a thin belt with a golden buckle that had the letter A on it. He wore purple lipstick on his small but somewhat pouty lips.

"Why thank you, Abbacchio. If you must know, I actually have a date tonight."

Abbachio's eyes widened.

"A--a date?" he silver haired man stuttered. This flustered him to am unexpected level..... infuriated him, even. He tried to remain calm.

"Why didn't you tell me? Now I guess I'll have to watch these annoying ass brats while you're gone?" The disdain still hinted in his voice. Bruno stopped what he was doing to look at him straight in the eyes. The look made Abbachio blush.

"Now Leone, don't be so dramatic. You know you love Narancia, Mista, Fugo & Giorno as much as I do. Though I know you'll never admit it, hehe." Bruno gives him a sly smile. "I'll talk to them so they won't give you a hard time. You know I trust you."

"First of all fuuuuucccckkkkk Giorno, second of all, fine, I guess." Abbacchio frowned & Bruno let out a slight chuckle. He was used to Abbachio's grumpiness.

"He trusts me." That echoed through Abbachio's mind. Bruno's kindness cut like a sword through Abbachio's cold heart. Bruno was the one that prevented him from going down a path of no return. Gave his life meaning again. He felt a slight physical pain at the thought that he was going out with someone...... Someone besides him, really. He didn't realize it, but Abbacchio was MADLY in love with Bruno.

Bruno finished up what he was cooking and packed them all neatly & strategically into a basket.

"I'm going to go finish getting ready." Bruno put a hand on Abbachio's shoulder. He felt the blood rush to his face once again at this simple gesture.

"I'll likely be a while, so don't wait up! You'll be alright Leone, don't worry!" Bruno said in a singsong fashion & smiled sweetly at him. He elegantly whisped away humming a tune to himself.

Abbacchio gave him a forced smile back. He didn't want to be so jealous, but he couldn't help it. Bruno was the love of his life... In his mind at least. He had to find out who you are. He must do something about this.

--------------------------------------------------------------
A/N:
Hey everyone! Hope you guys like this chapter! I'll try to update the next one sooner this time but it's about to get real! 😘♥️

Thank you so so much for reading and leaving comments, it means the world to me!! 😍😍😍 'Til next time!