Chapter 22-"You don't love me...Right?"

Start from the beginning

She continued,

"My heart was in my mouth when you and Maddy were fighting and the bullet was accidentally fired. If it was you instead of Maddy, I would have died then and there. But it was not at all your fault. He got his punishment from God."

She again sighed with relief.

"But why are you alone? Where are the other people? Have you all got the help of the police? Did they find you?"

Nandini suddenly lifted her head from Manik's chest and asked.

"Relax, I will tell you everything. But right now we need some rest. As it is impossible to find any food right now. So, we have to bear the hunger until the morning. Let's lie down there."

Manik indicated a place where three big boulders surrounded a plain ground made it like a small cave. He picked Nandini up once again and walked towards it. After placing her on the ground he shifted the bonfire near the cave and sat beside her. Before reclining on a boulder Manik pulled up his shirt and took out the revolver he took from Maddy's death grip before they left the hut. Suddenly Nandini yanked his hand to resist him pulling down the shirt in its former place.

"Wait a minute...what is this? Let me see... don't hide..."

Nandini sounded worried while trying to pull his shirt up.

"Nothing Nandini... It's just a minor bruise. I am fine. It's not paining at all."

Manik tried to dodge her effort. Tears pricked her eyes.

"You got hurt..right. You got hurt because of...me. Maddy hurt you.."

Nandini started sobbing. Manik immediately cupped her face and said intensely,

"No Baby, it's not because of you. I got it when Harshad punched me...you remember. But it's healed now...see, no pain..."

He touched the bruise on his belly.

"Let me see...take off your shirt." Nandini sounded determined.

"Good excuse to see me naked...hmmm..you horny girl..."

Manik tried to make her mood light.

"I don't need any excuse to see you naked. Now, please care to bare?"

Nandini crunched her eyes. Manik smirked and obeyed her. The light of the bonfire shimmered on his bare chest. Nandini got closer and skirted her fingertips on Manik's stomach. She caressed the bruised. Her eyes became blurry.

"Ahhh...."

A moan emitted from Manik's mouth. Immediately Nandini retreated her hand.

"I am sorry...did I hurt you? Are you okay?"

Her voice shook.

"No...you made it worse by touching it."

Manik lamented.

"I am so sorry...I didn't realise. What..what should I do now?"

Nandini was hell worried.

"Leave it. It will be healed automatically. You can't do what I need now."

Manik crunched his eyes in pain.

"Why can't I? Tell me. I will do everything to soothe the pain."

Nandini said determinedly and came closer. Her face was beaming with hope.

"Okay, if you insist. Massage the place."

Manik said calmly which made Nandini confused as a few minutes back he was in pain when she merely touched it.

"With your lips..."

Manik completed with a poker face but his eyes were shining with amusement. Nandini took some minutes to fathom his tease. She gaped with wide eyes.

"YO...UUUU. That means you are fine. No pain is there. You were making fun out of me?"

Nandini started beating his chest with her tiny fists.

"Oh...o..o..relax my lioness. I am not lying. It is paining and this is the medicine that can fix it. Come on...you said you will do anything to make me feel better."

Manik grabbed her hands and yanked her closer. Both looked through each other's eyes for a moment and slowly Nandini came down towards Manik's stomach. She glanced at him before placing her quivering lips on his bruise. Manik closed his eyes in passion. Nandini started circling her lips on the blue spot. Occasionally she was licking it. The wet and warm feeling drove Manik insane for a moment. He grabbed Nandini's nape and pulled her near to his lips. On the drop of a hat, he encompassed her soft lips into his. A blissful moan let out from Nandini's mouth. She cupped his cheeks and reciprocated with equal passion. Both were lost in their heaven where they forgot all the suffering they had in past hours. Suddenly Manik rolled and came on Nandini's fragile frame. He was greedily sucking her lips. His hands were restlessly roving on her bosoms frequently squeezing them. Nandini could feel his hardness on her belly. Manik's hands travelled towards her shorts button. He tried to unbutton them when Nandini gained her senses and withdrew her lips.

"Manik...no...it's not the right place."

Nandini's words broke Manik's trance. He looked at her in surprise.

"Why?... There is no one. Only you and me. I am missing you, Baby..."

His voice was potent.

"But our friends. We are far from them, still in danger. I can't cool my mind like this."

Nandini tried to sit when Manik pinned her down again.

"You don't love me....right?"

His tone startled Nandini.