Headcanons #2- Iceberg

First submitted headcanon woohoo! (Or not because it's sad :( )

(Trigger warnings for depression, PTSD, anxiety, trauma, mentions of suicide, abuse, panic attacks, bad coping mechanisms, and other heavy issues. Angst ahead)

Submitted by @PhantomIdaTwins: Iceberg has depression, and has really low points at times.

(My expansion from here on as I too headcanon him with depression)

Ice specifically has major depressive disorder alongside trauma, anxiety, and PTSD. I think most of these issues came from abuse throughout his younger years, getting particularly bad in his later teens and early 20's before the Foundation. But most of the PTSD came from after joining the Foundation and after the incident that made him -7 Celsius.

Because of this, I also think Ice coped with alcohol and medication (Like cough syrup or other things to get him high) to ease off the pain and stress. I think he also contemplated and attempted suicide in his late teens/ early 20's multiple times too.

On a happier note however, Ice has gotten waaay better and healthier since joining the Foundation.

I like to think that Dr. Rights and Dr. Gears noticed all the signs and his frequent use of medication/alcohol and, after a breach when Ice had a panic attack and confessed that he wanted to die, took him to Dr. Glass (Or another a psychiatrist/ therapist) and got him the help he desperately needed. From then on, Ice has been better and, though he has bad episodes, can still get up and be happy to be alive.

He's extremely grateful for Gears, Rights (His bestie from then on), Glass (His other bestie) and the rest of his friends (and the Foundation to a degree) for helping him and supporting him.