Third Semester - Second Activity - Hide and Seek

Gabb ran towards the direction of the scream, she didn't mind the stinging sensation that starts to crawl in her throat and lungs. She heard another scream, a little to her right. She swiftly changed directions towards it. She slowed down as she starts to see a figures appearing in front of her. She made complete stop at the trunk of a tree and took a peek to see what's happening. Gabb gasped as she saw two man, holding two unconscious girls in their shoulder. She moved closer, slowly, to hear what those two were discussing.

She crept in.

Slowly.

Her muscles that were already tired from running  started to scream justice as she squat her way to another cover. She watched as her legs tremble and twitch from exhaustion. She gave it a light pat and whispered, "Konti nalang, konti na lang." She moved a little bit closer and took another peek. She watched as the two masked men enter an abandoned building.

Gabb waited for a few minutes before she starts her walk towards the building. Her senses have never been that alert before.

She can hear almost everything.

Her heartbeat, her breathing.

She can feel almost anything.

The gentle wind that passed by, the droplets of sweat rushing down her face and neck.

She can see every movement in front of her.

The dancing leaves and shadow, even the insects that are moving with her.

She stopped and hid at the corner of the house, and waited.

She can hear the two masked man arguing.

"Mamaya na yan pre. Di rin naman yan makakatakas."

"Di ko na kaya pre, naglalaway na ako!"

"Putang inang manyak to oh, mas okay yan pag nag lalaban, pag pumipiglas."

"Eh di gigisingin ko."

"Wag, wag, alam mo, kuha muna tayo ng pampasigla. May dala ako, na iwan ko lang sa storage hut."

"Sige, kunin mo, dito lang ako."

"Tang ina, baka pagbalik ko, inutas mo na yang dalawang yan. Sabay tayo pupunta doon."

"Tang ina naman oh, sige, sige."

Gabb can hear the two movements of the two men, she put both of her hands in her mouth, in a hope to prevent the scream of fear, and anger, from escaping her mouth.

She watched as the two figure disappear at the thickness of the trees. She immediately went inside to see Shaina and Shaira, gagged and bounded to a post. She immediately cut the rope using the knife she got from the bag. She tried waking up the two but they remained unconscious. That's when she smelled a strong, putrid odor near her. She checked the surrounding and found a wet cloth. She took a sniff and retched from the smell.

"Chloroform" she whispered.

She tried to let the twins smell it but the effect is slow.

She almost jumped out from her skin when she heard a loud noise.

"BBBAAAANNNGGG!"

Her head immediately snapped towards the direction of the sound. The door is now closed.

"Must be the wind." she whispered.

Her thoughts returned to the current problem.

Gabb has to choose between saving Shaina or Shaira. Who ever she chooses, the other will die. She grabbed the two and started running towards the exit.