Chapter Thirty-Four: Foundation Day 2

Start from the beginning

"Let me make this clear, Lizzie," Marco said.

"No," Elizabeth said. "Let me make something clear to you, Marco. First of all, stop calling me Lizzie."

On the other hand, Ryan and Wolf seemed like they were having a face-off in the seniors' classroom. Wolf had subtly inserted himself in between Alexis and Ryan, shielding Alexis away from the boy.

"Uhm, Wolf?" Alexis said, trying to ease the tension. "You remember Ryan don't you?"

"Of course, the girl stealer," Wolf said. "From the club."

"Wolf!" Alexis said. "I'm so sorry, Ryan."

"No it's okay," Ryan said. "I remember him too. The kiss stealer."

"Stop it, guys!" Alexis said, looking apologetically at the student who was running the booth.

"Uhh, if I may, why don't we just see who matches her better?" the student said.

"What?" Alexis said. "No, no. I came here with..."

"Sure," Ryan cut in. "Then the one who matches her better stays with her to finish the booth challenge. Unless Wolf here thinks they don't match, of course, and is too chicken to check."

Wolf glared at him, "Fine. We'll do this match shit."

Ryan grinned. He was enjoying himself too much. He really was the love them and leave them type and only always only stayed for the fun in the game of getting the girl then leaving them when they finally liked him back. This was the first time he was having so much fun with one girl because another guy was making it more challenging for him. He had never met a guy who got jealous as easily as Wolf did. He's never felt jealous of another guy before so he was having fun watching Wolf get jealous. Besides, he thought Alexis was worth the trouble anyway because she wasn't like the girls he met before. She wasn't easily swayed with his whims like the time he almost had to beg her just so she'd go with him. She was unlike the other girls he met at bars.

"Don't I have a say in this?" Alexis said.

Wolf looked at Alexis, his face apologetic, "I'm sorry. We can just leave if you want."

"Or you can leave with me," Ryan quipped.

"The hell she will," Wolf said, flaring up again.

"Okay, okay, fine, we'll do this match thing," Alexis said. "Just, chill out you two. What do we do anyway?"

The student smiled and replied, "Nothing, I just input your names in the screen and the app will calculate whether you guys are a match. Kind of a modernized FLAMES game."

"FLAMES game?" Alexis repeated.

"It's an old game teenagers used to play in the 90s," the student said. "Let me input your names here. Who wants to go first?"

"I'll go first," Ryan said. "My name's Ryan Nakpil."

The student input their names and it appeared on the screen then the app loaded and the result was... friends.

Wolf smirked, "My turn."

The student input their name then the app loaded.

"Ha!" Wolf said, grinning widely. "I win."

The FLAMES result for Alexis and Wolf was that they were lovers.

"I concede this time," Ryan said. "But since we match as friends, Alexis, I guess we'll be the best of friends soon."

Ryan didn't want to lose still, of course and he wanted to get under Wolf's skin one last time. So leaving, he held Alexis' hand and kissed it. Alexis just awkwardly smiled in return.