This wasn't exactly the first time he'd held Pingting like this since their reunion. But the this moment's feeling was much more soothing the days before. The scene where Chu Beijie held Changxiao in his arms had already been engraved into her heart.

She couldn't help tightly hold onto Chu Beijie, letting her head be muffled in his broad chest. In a low voice, she asked, "Does Duke regret meeting Pingting?"

Chu Beijie didn't answer. He just reached out to softly lift her chin, planting a warm kiss on her beautiful red lips.

The stars twinkled while oblique shadows were pulled out from the forest behind, guarding this deeply affectionate couple.

"Allow me to sing you a song tonight." Chu Beijie finally loosened his grip around Pingting and faintly smiled, pondering carefully. He then actually began to sing.

"If spring love only, autumn nostalgia serves; if autumn nostalgia only, bitter parting serves; never betray..."

His voice was deep and rich, seeped with many emotions. Each word jumped out of his throat like jade beads, brightening the forest.

"Never betray..."

His clear voice rang in the night, the silent forests, wind, and darkness, applauding in their own way.

No qin.

But Chu Beijie's deep voice didn't need to be accompanied by qin.

He put his heart into singing, particularly the words "Never Betray". His words seemed to dance back the Jing-An Ducal Residence, the confrontation at the Battle of Kanbu, and the other numerous times they stumbled together on the way. All of their pain and memories flipped out, following the wind.

The injuries lifted, going back to where they came from.

The sound wandered through the forest, just how it embedded itself in every memory. Pingting listened, captivated. Tears began to fall from her eyes, falling straight onto the stretch of grass and causing a momentary flower-like splash, when the singing stopped.

The forest was very quiet, letting Pingting listen to every long breath of Chu Beijie. Perhaps, every heartbeat too.

Pingting lifted her sleeves, quietly wiping the corners of her eyes without changing her expression. "What does Duke understand?"

Chu Beijie dotingly enveloped her in his embrace. He whispered, "I understand that you have never changed your mind despite the hundreds and thousands of twists."

"Never changed my mind despite the hundreds and thousands of twists..." Pingting contemplated the words.

"Clever Bai Pingting, stupid Bai Pingting, kind Bai Pingting, and the evil Bai Pingting, are all the Bai Pingting I love." Chu Beijie breathed out before asking his own question, "Why would I regret it?"

Pingting's eyes held tears in them. She looked up slowly, watching the clear light in his eyes, firm with decision.

The shattering sound came out from nowhere, gradually becoming smoke that hid in the clouds, only leaving its faint echo in the heart.

Let all sorrow and buried hatred vanish like smoke into the clouds.

The pain that even alcohol could not drown the two's desires no longer mattered.

When she was pregnant, she cried while spilling the mixture all over the cold ground, just like the despair that overpowered her world.

Behind her, he had chased thousands of miles with his soldiers, filling the sky with the fire of murder.