22

In the dense forest, a small cabin was filled with joyous vitality.

Although it was very quiet, the joyous air presence was undeniable.

On the wooden bed lied two people, caught by the joy. Perhaps they won't be able to sleep at all that night.

"The stars tonight are particularly bright," Chu Beijie said as he held onto the resurrected Pingting.

Pingting chuckled softly.

"What's funny?"

"Duke finally knows how to speak." She gently smiled and saw Chu Beijie's eyes rest on her face, his eyes so black that the depths couldn't be seen. She couldn't help smile shyly as she murmured, "What is Duke looking at?"

Chu Beijie looked at her for a long time before sighing, "Pingting, you're so beautiful."

Pingting was touched to her heart. She lowered her voice, "Duke is a lot thinner; it's all Pingting's fault."

"It has nothing to do with Pingting. It was something I whole-heartedly wanted to do. I like Pingting; that's why I'm willing to do anything for Pingting, willing to put every minute and second on Pingting."

Pingting was silent before slowly saying, "Men are ambitious, so shouldn't you be focusing on the world?"

"To wholeheartedly do something, remain undaunted by the setbacks, is great ambition itself." Chu Beijie gently stroked her silky hair as he added, "My ambition is only one, to let you become the happiest woman in the world."

Pingting raised her head, a pool of water swelling up in her eyes. She whispered, "Does Duke really think that?"

Chu Beijie held up two fingers towards the sky. His face was solemn, "I, Chu Beijie, swear to the skies that the words I just said, every single word, will never be changed, no matter what in this lifetime."

Pingting was utterly touched as she watched him. The tears in her eyes rippled slightly before sliding down. "Then...Duke, are you willing to do one thing for Pingting?"

Chu Beijie softly replied, "Not just one, even thousands are fine. As long as Pingting desires it, no one will stop Chu Beijie from granting it."

Pingting raised her eyes, quietly studying the man she loved so dearly. His handsome eyebrows were still very black. His straight nose and thin lips were all very much like in her dreams.

Every tiny gesture of his hand was never once lost from her heart.

This was the man she deeply loved.

Perhaps the deep love she had in this single lifetime would be more than a person would have in three.

The love was deep but so was the pain. They thought they had suffered enough, but like moths to a flame, they had turned back.

She reached out, taking an object out from the bag beside the bed.

"Duke once left this sword in the secluded residence in order to protect Pingting's safety." Pingting held the sword with two hands as she slowly asked, "Is Duke willing to use the very same sword to remove the turmoil and unify the four countries, so Pingting can be given a peaceful world to live in?"

Chu Beijie was isolated for so long he had not heard any news about the war. He was stunned. Knowing Pingting's heart and mind, he knew that she would never make such a request unless it was the very last resort.

"Does Duke not want to?" Pingting's eyebrows drooped as she softly asked.

"Chu Beijie had spent his whole lifetime in the military. The one thing he was never afraid of was going out to the battlefield to kill enemies. Not to mention, the one who made the request was Pingting, so there was no way he wouldn't want to. "