[Quiet Walk] (UPDATED)

Laurances POV
••••••••••••••••••••••

It was late at night, the house was quiet and dark. I could barley see anything as I was relying on my phone flash and the moonlight. I tried to silently go up the stairs and across the floor. Not stopping until I was in front of a certain door. I grab the handle and twist it, opening the door slightly.

"Garroth...?" I ask, peeking into the blondes bedroom. A tired groan echoed before a figure sat up in bed, rubbing his eyes.

"Laurance? You alright?" Garroth asked, turning his head to alarm clock that rested on his bedside table. "It's 4 in the morning, why are you up so early love?"

"I um...it was another nightmare..." I say quietly, trying not to wake up the other Ro'Meave brother. Garroth swung his legs over the side of the bed before standing and walked over to me. He took my hand and we walked downstairs into the living room. It was quiet and dark, giving the area a very peaceful feeling. Garroth turned that light on when we reached the bottom of the steps.

"Have you tried taking walks after nightmares? They seem to help me when I have a nightmare." He whispered. I shake my head no.

He goes over to the closet that we have by the front door, opens it and takes out a navy blue jacket and a dark green one. He hands me the green one and puts his on. We got our shoes on, which were just simple slip-on's. Garroth unlocked the front door and opened it, moving to the side letting me step out with him right behind me. It was still dark out but street lights were giving off a bright glow that illuminated the street, allowing us to see so late at night. Garroth locked the door behind us and came up to me, giving me a soft smile.

"Ready? I promise this will help." Garroth says.

"Yeah...Yeah Im ready. I mean who wouldn't be, getting to walk with their boyfriend, alone? Sounds so romantic, Ro'Meave." I commented, smiling at the man. He blushed and smiled back.

We started to walk, talking along the way. The only thing heard were our hushed voices laughing at dumb jokes and stories we shared with each other. Garroth grabbed my hand suddenly, catching me off guard, however I held back feeling a sense of comfort wash over me.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" Garroth asked me, holding my hand tighter as he gave me a concerned glance.

"About what?" I could feel my breathing increase slightly and the palms of my hands getting sweatier. I know exactly what he's asking about.

"Laurance. The nightmare." The blonde said sternly, stopping in his tracks and pulling me back a bit.

"Oh uhm...It wasn't anything, concerning, just...startling is all." I avoid eye contact with the blonde as my voice fell quieter. Garroth sighed and pulled me towards him, wrapping his arms around my lower back. It took a second to register what he did, but after a few second I wrapped my arms around his upper back, squeezing him slightly.

"I won't force you to talk about it, I'll be here to listen if you want." Garroth moved one his arms, taking his hand and moving hair out of my face before kissing my forehead. I let out a shaky breathe, taking a minute before responding.

"It was just...I dreamt that I was back to where I started, where I felt so...alone. I was younger in this dream, maybe middle school? 6th grade? I felt the same way I did when my first adoptive father, Joh, died. Just an overwhelming feeling of sadness and guilt. I was standing in what felt like a void, with that feeling just there...everyone I know now eventually showed up, but didn't want anything to do with me. Even you, and Cadenza and Aphmau and Dante and- ...just everyone. It was awful. I felt like a helpless kid again just wanting to hug their dad or vent to a friend, but I couldn't even do that anymore."

I was crying. Garroth's shirt had given evidence of that as there was a small wet spot on his shoulder. I kept hugging him, my breathing shaking. I felt Garroth hug back, before he pulled away from the hug. He looked at me, taking his left hand and making me looking back at him.

"If it counts for something, I want everything to do with you. Everything from going out and doing stuff together, to just watching you and knowing how lucky I got in the boyfriend department." His voice soft as he spoke. I smiled as he wiped a tear from my face, we both leaned closer to each other for a kiss that was probably the most comforting thing from the whole night. We pulled back when I suddenly remembered were in the middle of our neighborhood.

"You think anyone saw us?" I asked. Garroth looked around before shrugging and turning back to me.

"The only person who would be up at times like this normally is Lucinda, and I think we already passed by her house. We should be fine." He muttered. He reached into his pocket and grabbed his phone, looking at the time marked across the screen, "Cmon love, it's already 5AM. We should head home and get back to bed." Garroth said, putting his phone back in his pocket.

"We've been out here for a whole hour? It didn't feel that long..." I say shocked. He nods in response.

We walked home, stepping inside the house as warmth rushed over us. Garroth closed the door and we took off our jackets and shoes, putting them back into the closet. We walked over to the stairs and I grabbed his sleeve before he walked up.

"Can we cuddle?" I ask him, feeling heat rise into my face slightly. He nods and we both walk upstairs to his room. We get in bed and I lay on his chest as he wraps his arms around me and soon I could feel my eyes close, darkness taking over.

============
Feel free to request if you want! ^^

Edit: Updated - July 22, 2023
I have been NEEDING to update these one shots. They desperately need the upgrade, my writing is much better than this.
Anyways, enjoy the update! I changed the nightmare to make it slightly more fitting. Or at least I tried.