Homemade pop tarts

Hello!

I want to show you all how to make homemade pop tarts using this cool recipe I found.

Ingredients:

1 package rolled pie crust

1 c plus 2 T jam or preserves

1 large egg

Icing:

1 c powdered sugar

2-3 T milk or cream

2 T jam

1/2 tsp vanilla

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 400°F.

Lay a sheet of parchment on a baking sheet and unroll crust onto another sheet of parchment.

Cut as many pieces of approx. 3 in by 5 in (you could literally use an index card as a guide!) rectangles as you can from each crust.

With remaining crust, knead together and then roll out into another large, thin piece (just under 1/4 in.) to cut remaining rectangles. (You can also do this by putting each tart together as you go.)

Beat the egg for your egg wash in a small bowl.

Lay out 8 rectangles on the parchment lined baking sheet.

Add 1 1/2 Tablespoons of desired jam.

Brush the edges with your egg wash and then place another rectangle on top of the rectangle with the jam.

Gently pinch the edges to seal and then using a fork, crimp the edges. Poke some holes in the top of the pop tart and then brush the entire top, including edges, with the egg wash.

Continue with the rest of the pop tarts. Bake for about 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.

Once cooled, whisk together icing ingredients and spread over each pop tart.

Add sprinkles, freeze dried berries crushed, rose petals  or just eat them as is! Store in an air tight container for up to about 2 days although they are best fresh.

This recipe is from lemonandzest.com

Enjoy your food!

XOXO

- Cady