𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝗼𝐧𝐞

Start from the beginning

"Well I did."

They stand in silence for a few moments, not knowing what else to say, when another bell rings, letting them know they had only a few minutes left to save themselves from detention.

"Sorry, C." Sebastian mumbles, bowing his head and rubbing his arm. "I've gotta go to English." With that, he turned on his heels and walked away, leaving Chris standing, utterly frozen in shock.

"But we have English... together." He whispers sadly.

Chris walks slowly to English, making it right before he was given a detention for being late, and takes his seat behind Sebastian, trying to catch the boys gaze. English and the rest of their subjects went like this, Chris trying to talk to Sebastian, while he ignored Chris.

It was painful.

When lunch comes around, Sebastian grabs Chris's hand and bows his head. "I'm sorry." He mumbles. "I just... I was scared that this morning would happen again."

Chris smiles softly and lifts Sebastian's head up with a finger under his chin. "Seb, it's okay." He says gently, pressing the softest of kisses to Sebastian's lips. "I understand. Just don't scare me like that."

Sebastian bites his lip. "I'm sorry."

Kissing his lips once more, Chris takes Sebastian's hand and leads him into the cafeteria. They take their seats and keep their hands hidden under the table, already agreeing on not telling the group. Not yet.

Scarlett looks over at the two, and notices their hands under the table. She smirks. "Congrats on finally growing a pair and asking, Evans." She whispers into Chris's ear, earning a smack behind the head and a glare.

"So." Emily whispers, cupping her hand over Sebastian's ear. "What are we doing for stage three?"

Sebastian shrugs. "I- I don't think we should continue the plan." He whispers back, rubbing his arm awkwardly. "I just... the uniform thing was the last straw."

Emily frowns. "So you're just giving up on the plan? Come on, Seb. Nothing has happened since then, stop being such a wuss."

Sebastian sighs and gets up from his seat at the table, walking straight out of the cafeteria. Everyone watches in bewilderment, Letitia rising from her seat to go after him, when Chris beats her to it, running out.

Emily's nagging and the pain in his back was overpowering Sebastian. He needed something, someone to make it stop.

A hand wraps around Sebastian's wrist, stopping him in his tracks and flowing a wince from his lips. "Seb," Chris says gently, "hold on."

Sebastian turns around to face the other, head bowed. "W-what?" He whispers, lower lip wobbling. Sebastian didn't know why he was being so emotional, the pain wasn't the worst he's had and Emily's nagging wasn't out of the ordinary.

All the pain was, was from his father throwing a jug of boiling water on his clothed back and standing on Sebastian's back so that he had to suffer. Listen to Sebastian scream an ear piercing scream and cry and cry and cry. Watching as Sebastian flailed his arms out, digging his nails into the floor, desperately trying to get away.