𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

Sebastian was waiting outside of school for Chris, seeming as Letitia had to rush home, and was found by none other than Emily. She was wearing a grin that set Sebastian's heart at ease and was waving happily.

"Hey Sebby." Emily greets, punching his shoulder softly.

Sebastian winces. "Hey."

"You doing anything?" She asks.

Sebastian thinks for a moment. His father would be expecting him home soon and he really didn't want anything else to happen to him. "Actually I—

Emily cuts him off. "Awesome! We're hanging out."

Chris walks through the schools open doors then, a smile replacing the frown on his lips at the sight of Sebastian. "Hey guys." Chris says, draping an arm around Sebastian's shoulders.

Emily grins. "Chris, hey. Seb and I are hanging out today." She responds happily.

Chris nods. "That's great, I'm glad you two are getting along." He looks down at Sebastian who drops his gaze to the floor, blushing.

"Yeah." Sebastian whispers.

Emily grabs ahold of Sebastian's hand, pulling him from Chris's embrace. "Well, we should get going, bye!" Sebastian stumbles after her down the stairs, sending Chris a small apologetic look and cupping a hand protectively over his nose.

Chris watches with a grin as the two run off, crossing through the carpark. He was happy Sebastian was growing closer with his friends, but he was hoping he would be able to hang out with Sebastian today.

"Where are we going?" Sebastian asks anxiously, staring at Emily with wide eyes. Emily chuckles and places a reassuring hand on Sebastian's thigh.

"Sebby." She says. "Stop worrying, we're just going to mine."

Sebastian lets out a breath he didn't know he'd been holding and nods. "O-okay."

The drive to Emily's home, if you could even call it that, was short, leaving no space for awkward conversation. Sebastian stares in awe at the mansion, taking in the perfect white exterior, the multiple cars littered outside. Emily laughs at Sebastian's expression.

"Welcome to my home, young grasshopper." Emily jokes, parking the car outside of the two large front doors. "Come on."

Sebastian gets out of the car and follows Emily up the stairs, thanking her as she opens the doors for him. The inside was just as beautiful as the outside. A large chandler hung from the ceiling, glittering under the sunlight shining through the windows. There was a long staircase leading to the other stories, a black banister ensuring people's safety. Sebastian could've sworn that the tiles covering the floor were so clean he could see his scruffy reflection.

Emily places a hand on his shoulder. "Here, follow me." She interlocks their hands and leads him up the stairwell, bringing him to a hallway with multiple doors.

She opens one up and allows Sebastian to enter first, closing the door behind him. Emily's bedroom walls were a light shade of blue, bed covered in an ocean blanket. Her dresser, bedside table, desk and doors were old and rustic, almost as though they had been swept through the sea. A mirror, covered in shells, hung from one of the walls, along with many pictures of Chris and their friends with seashell covered frames. Sebastian was in awe.