Close, But Not Quite Correct (Platonic!!)

Start from the beginning

"Incapable?" She laughed, "You make him sound like a two year old. And no, I believe he isn't. Why?"

He kept it in mind. "No reason. Thank you, um, enjoy your book or whatever it is you were doing."

"Tom-"

He rushed out of the room and back to his office. The list was still on his desk where he left it the previous day and a sigh of relief left his mouth. Tommy sat down and wrote the new information down. Next was dinner ideas. What sounded tasty? Nothing came to mind, so Tommy went to the next person he could for advice.

"Ada."

"Yes Tom?"

Her eyes never left her book, but Thomas knew she was listening. "If we were to eat a special meal as a family...what do you think it should be?" That caught her attention. And just enough to make her head snap up to look at him.

"We're eating dinner as a family?"

"I didn't say that. Just-" he sighed. It was just now coming to mind that he didn't think of what to do or say if anyone got suspicious. He needed to think, and fast. "Uhm, I just need to know what kind of food we would all enjoy."

Ada squinted at her brother but nodded and went along with whatever it was that he was doing. "Alright. How about...soup? Soup and roast? I'm not sure Tom, but good luck." Just as quick as she was too look up, she looked back down and continued reading her book.

Tommy thought for a second and nodded before walking back to his office and writing dinner ideas. The last three things were needed and they didn't require anyone's assistance. One, dress code if there is one in mind. Two, making the invitations. And three, giving the invitations.

He finished, no dress code needed, and got ready to try and sneak the invitations to each person. The first one was for Ada, so he walked past the room she was in and saw that her book was open but she wasn't in sight. Tom took the chance and set an invitation in the center of the book, closing it now that the paper worked as a bookmark.

Next, was John, Finn, and Arthur. Tommy learned his brother's schedule for that day, so he knew that John was currently with Arthur elsewhere. He set three invitations, one labeled John, one labeled Finn, and one labeled Arthur, on the desk where their stuff was placed.

Not quite last, but before it, was Aunt Polly and Michael. He walked over and leaned his head through the door way, seeing his aunt reading. She noticed his presence and raised an eyebrow. "Tommy?"

"Ah, hello Pol." She gave him a kind smile before returning to her book. She didn't notice Tommy setting the papers near the door. He excused himself from the room and they said their quick goodbyes. Tom knew Polly would give Michael his, so it wasn't that big of a fuss.

Finally, it was time for Y/n and whomever this unknown male was. Tommy had gotten away with a subtle question once, but he wasn't sure he could get away with this one. He walked into the room but quickly moved back out to the hall and against the wall when he heard Y/n giggle and a kissing noise. Just as he thought he got away, Y/n and the male heard his footsteps attempting to make it out the door in time.

"Shit! Hurry, go out the other door!" She recollected herself as her boyfriend ran out the opposite door of the room. Her hair was every which way until she smoothed it down and breathed in. "Uh- uhm...come in!"

"Y/n! Was uh someone in here with you?"

"N-nope. No. Nada. Negative... Hey Tommy?"

"Yes?"

"What are those papers?"

Tom looked down at the papers in his hand. The invitations. "Um...nothing! Just work. Have you...by chance...seen Michael?"