Settling [2]

Heya, Finn here! sorry about how late I make and post these chapters, sleeping is hard so I'm planning to work on my stories especially this one <3

I was gonna ask y'all if you maybe wanted little doodles for the top image? like a picture of Dave and Danny with the guitar? I'm kinda in a bit of a mini art block, where when people ask me to draw things I will and I just can't think

Settling in - Dave's point of view

it's been a few days since my feathered friend had flown into my room by accident, he's really warmed up to me and Goldy for some reason. To be honest, i don't think most of the kids at the academy likes Danny, just me and Goldy. Ryan has told be that he doesn't think I should keep him since he's a wild bird but I'm not listening to him right now. A day after Danny's arrival, me and Ryan got into a fight... it wasn't pretty... Unicorn mann and Tina had to drag us out of hurting each other more. Danny was held by Goldy throughout that so he saw, I think I scared him a little too much because he stayed with Goldy that night.

Today after our classes (which i couldn't bring Danny for some reason), i got a call from one of my friends, we met a bit after our REAL Danny left the daycare, a year after our meeting they had to move away. I was delighted to hear from them but what they said hurt me dearly, we had made a big group chat of friends we were friends with but I was kicked from it a long time ago. What they'd told was that the group had started shit-talking me, saying how I was  a 'disgusting gay person' even though I'm pretty sure I'm not! (heheh he's lying to himselffff) I was near to yelling when they'd finished telling me what they had said about me, I asked if that's what they thought of me.

"What?! Dave, you know me, I'm pansexual; why would I have a problem if you weren't straight? and no, I honestly do not!"

"....okay, I just wanted to make sure..."

We talked for a couple more hours before they had to leave for a date with their girlfriend, I sat in the middle of my room, covered in a blanket wrapped around my shoulders. I felt as if the air was suffocating me, like it was too thick, just as I pulled my guitar from under my bed I heard the sound of fluttering from my windowsill. I looked up to them, my eyes glittering with tears I was trying to suck back up, Danny sat on the sill staring directly at me with a small hint of sadness. To me, his eyes give emotions... normal bird's eyes don't normally look like that. what is so special about Danny?

Danny glided to my foot, grabbed on and climbing his way to my shoulder, he pressed himself against me and breathing softly. What he was doing kinda calmed me in a weird way. I looked into my hands to see my guitar, I thought for a hot second before pulling it to my chest and pausing... 

What should I play...

Ignoring some cheesy rejection songs, I wanted to play something... different. not something i'd ever think about playing in front of the academy but something I could KINDA relate to, I hope Danny wouldn't mind

Song: Oleander by Mother Mother

The song is about an abusive relationship but I just wanna make an edgy scene so oof

I started playing in a low tune, feeling kinda nervous since I don't usually play in the day or with someone with me...

You stood beside me when I was out of my mind
I broke the glass, and you were there to sweep it aside
And if you leave me, rest assured it would kill me
I make a mess and you'll be there to help me undress
I'll be unclean, I'll be obscene, you'll be the rest
And if you leave me, rest assured it would kill me
Like an oleander
White white leaves, of an oleander
White like me
I'm like a child in a sty
I play with vile
I burn you right out, I burned your bible
You tried to cry, put on a smileAnd if you leave me rest assured it would kill me
Rest assured if you leave
Like an oleander
White white leaves, of an oleander
White like me
Of the oleander
White white leaves of an oleander
White like me

Danny half way in jumped onto the head of my guitar, him looking at me comfortingly, I ended the song. Danny chirped, I think this was the first time he'd made a sound to me other than panicked screeching the first day he flew in. Something about him made him more human than normal birds....

Ending Note!

I will be working on this book and hopefully Sk8er boi and other books I may have, I was thinking of maybe making a comic for one of these stories or making an entire comic (book) with either a fanfic or original story... what do you think?