Chapter 1: The Call

Start from the beginning

"I-umm I need a place to stay."

"Ok." He says slowly. "I am all for short answers, but I'm going to need more information on that one."

"Aunt May she's gone," I reply quietly. "An-and I thought that since, you know, you offered me a spot on the avengers a week ago that you might have an extra room so I am not asking you to like be my dad or anything. I just need a place to stay for a couple of years. I know that sounds like a lot, but I won't bother you at all. I just... Well, You're the only one I can call."

There is silence for a couple seconds, but it seems deafening to me. My anxiety is at an all-time high. I feel my hand trembling as I try to keep the phone to my ear.

"Where are you at? Kid."

I sigh in relief as the tension leaves my body. "Saint John's Hospital, it's-"

"I'll find it. Kid, Don't worry." He interrupts me.

"So, what does this mean?" I inquire, unsure of this situation.

"I'll tell you when we get there. Can you wait for an hour?"

"Yeah, I guess so."

"We'll be there. Don't worry kid." He hangs up leaving me to question what he means by we.

" He hangs up leaving me to question what he means by we

Tony P.O.V.

"Friday! Get a car out front."

"Which one, Boss" she questions through the speaker all over the compound.

"The fastest one," I reply running from my lab to the room me and Pepper, my fiancee share. Entering the room I see her sleeping peacefully. I almost don't want to wake her up, but Peter needs us right now.

"Pepper," I say putting a hand on her shoulder. "I need you to wake up."

"Hmm." She is still half asleep. "You better have a good reason for waking me up before my alarm."

"I am hurt you don't want to see me every minute of every day."

She opens her eyes and gives me that look that I better explain quickly.

"Remember the Kid I told you about, Peter. Well, his aunt just died and he has no one else, Pep. So he asks if I could take him in." I say a little nervousness seeps into my voice. "He is at the hospital right now waiting for us."

Pepper starts to get out of bed hurrying to the closet. "Let me change first."

I smile slightly at her.

Peter P.O.V.

After the call, I sit there for a minute. I am not really sure what to do. He said we would come. He will come. I guess I have a place to stay for a little while, not forever, but a little while. I sigh. I am still in denial about what is happening. May is dead. I am the last Parker. Mr. Stark is coming to pick me up. I should feel something, but I am numb. Sad, angry, annoyed, and the hundred other emotions I should be feeling are all gone. It is like I am trapped in a desert with no end in sight. The only thought on my mind is one more step. With the apathy feeling still in me a make my way to the reception desk.

"I was told to tell you I have someone to pick me up," I say to a nurse at reception. She is a different one than the one I spoke to before.

"Ok," she says barely looking at me. "Are they a legal guardian."

"Umm, no." Looking down at the floor I became very interested in my worn-out shoes.

"How long till they get here?"

"About an hour," I say as she nods and types something on her computer.

"Tell me when they're here. Until then, why don't you wait in the waiting room."

I make my way to a chair in the far corner, and plop down succumbing to my own dark thoughts.