Kidnapped? Ch. 13

Start from the beginning

I mean, the craziest thing happened when I accompanied Ed to Central and we left Al in Dublith.

I completely forgot when Greed would make his move, and in the end Al ended up getting kidnapped. When Ed and I returned, he went to get his brother and, of course, got his automail destroyed in the process. I stayed behind with Mrs. Izumi, knowing fully well that if I went there, Bradley was going to have his sights on me next for knowing what a homunculus was.

I sighed..

At least Al got his memories back. Though, of course, nothing useful came out of it besides him not using a transmutation circle anymore.

I waltzed into the reserved military accommodation room for the Elrics Ed was already adjusted to the new room and was comfortably lying on the sofa, staring at the ceiling. It was obvious that he was thinking about something deep and personal. I contemplated on whether or not I should disturb him to ask him what he wanted to eat. Alphonse had went to buy groceries and I wanted to have a meal plan prepared in my head.

My eyes widened when I realized that I never cooked anything for Ed before. In the past, our meals were usually food from restaurants, or food from Granny Pinako or Winry.

Ed always calls Winry's meals delicious.

With my fists clenched, I marched over to where Ed was situated and sat on the floor next to him. The swift movement caused him to turn his attention towards me, and he looked at me with his adorable eyes filled with curiosity.

There's no way I'm losing to her.

"Whatdya want for lunch, Ed?" I sweetly asked him.

He smiled softly. "Anything is fine".

Just then, Alphonse opened the door with his arms full of bags.

"I'm back brother, Avril", he said plunking the groceries onto the counter.

"Hey, Al", we replied in unison.

I cautiously stood up and walked into the kitchen. Picking up an onion and a knife, I began to slice the vegetable.

Winry's train was going to be here in a few hours and I wanted to finish my masterpiece before that time. I really wanted Ed to try my food before she forces herself on me and help me cook.

My mom always used to drag me into the kitchen to help her cook. I was pretty reluctant to go outside of my room much, but I'm pretty thankful that I learned some new tricks.

I wonder how mom's doing...

I shook my head and focused on my job.

There's no reason to be thinking of things that'll make me sad. After all I can't do anything about going back home.

I held the knife carefully and worked.

2 hours later.

Done!

I smiled at the assortment of dishes I made (I did it without using Google too).

Just in the nick of time, Ed's about to be back with Winry.

Not long after I thought those words, the front door opened and in walked a particular blonde girl. She set her bags down at the entry way.

"Mmm is something cooking?", She sniffed the air.

Obviously.

I rolled my eyes and walked towards her.

"Hey Winry", I said, my voice lacking enthusiasm. "I made food".