T'was Christmas Morn. Special chapter

Special chapter: T'was Christmas Morn.

(A/N: this is a Christmas special chapter that has absolutely NOTHING to do with the main story. Full of randomness and OOCness but [hopefully] it would show the Christmas spirit and bring happiness. Anything goes in this chapter, Point of view is different and honestly I had no idea what I was doing in this chapter).

Avril yawned as she sat upright and gasped as she looked outside the window. It was-
"Snowing"! She excitedly jumped out of bed and ran towards the window.
"Oh my goodness! SNOW"! She overlooked the city from her room and as she saw the view, she took a sharp intake of breath.
From her window the city beneath her was a snow filled wonderland. The gorgeous scenery looked like a painting and as she stared at the glass canvas, the door behind her opened.
"Avril are you okay"? Alphonse worriedly said from the doorway. Edward was right behind him, sleepily rubbing his eyes.
She turned around, her face gleaming with joy. "Ed! Al! Look at this! It's snowing"!
"Well geez Avril, I can see that. What's so special about it? Never seen snow before"? Edward said groggily, walking toward her.
"No", she said breathlessly. "Where I came from, it never snowed".
The Elric brothers walked silently towards her, and they each took a space besides the girl.
"It's so beautiful", Avril continued to stare at the snow covered buildings as if in a trance. "Hey. Are you guys going to celebrate Christmas? Come to think of it, we didn't even put up Christmas decorations".
Ed and Al both gave her a puzzled look. "Christmas"? they both asked in unison.
Her mouth opened in shock. "Wait.. You guys don't know about Christmas"?
Judging by the still confused looks they gave her, she assumed they didn't.
"How could you not know?! It's a wonderful holiday filled with food, and presents, and parties, and joy. People decorate a tree and put lights and ornaments on it, and on Christmas morning presents are underneath there"!
"Wow"! Al exclaimed enthusiastically. "It sounds amazing".
Ed seemed a little uninterested. "Yeah? Well it's too bad we don't celebrate Christmas here in Central".
Avril pouted at him. "That's not good.." Suddenly her face lifted up. "Oh! I have a great idea. Why don't we have a Christmas party here? We can invite everyone from the military and some others".
Edward looked at her expressionless and without even batting an eyelash answered- "No".
"Wha-What do you mean no? Where's your Christmas spirit"?
"It never existed. Look, we can't fit everyone this apartment, and I'm sure they're all busy", Ed explained.
Avril pouted in response. "We can so fit everyone in here. The room's big enough. Plus I can make invitations and get help from others. C'mon Ed, please"?
He looked in her eyes and turned abruptly. "Do whatever you want, but count me out of helping. I'm going back to bed".
Avril stuck out her tongue at his back. "Wasn't dreaming on getting your help". She turned quickly to Alphonse.
"Hey Al. Help me with the party"?
"Sure", he replied and by the tone of his voice Avril knew he was excited. "Could you tell me more about this Christmas"?
She smiled at the metal armor. "Sure Al".

The invitations had just finished being sent to the guests, and Avril looked excitedly at the list of people. Roy promised he would be there once he finished the papers Riza were forcing him to do. Riza said she would be there once Roy finished the paperwork. Havoc, Fallman, Armstrong, Maria, and Danny said they would try to make it. Hughes and Seska agreed to go, and Gracia told Avril that she would help with the food. Now it was up to Avril and Alphonse to set up the decorations.
"Okay Al. I know the party date was a little unpredictable and unexpected, but we have to finish this in two hours", Avril gave him a flashy grin as she held up two fingers. "That shouldn't be too hard".
Alphonse timidly nodded his head. "Okay.. But where are the decorations"?
Avril stared blankly at the empty table where the decorations should have been.
"Uhh... Well it seems that since Christmas isn't celebrated here, I couldn't buy any", she laughed nervously and scratched her head. "We can just use alchemy".

Soon the decorations were shimmering, glowing, and flashing red, green and gold in the living room. It looked extravagant as Avril and Alphonse looked up to admire their work. She flashed him an ecstatic grin and gave him a high five.
"This looks awesome, Al! I can't wait 'till everyone gets here".
"I know. I'm so excited! This is my first Christmas ever", Al practically pranced around the room.
The sound of knocks erupting from the door stopped Al short in his hop. At the door was Gracia, Hughes, and Elicia who had food. The food table became more full as more guests begun to pile in. Soon all the invitees had arrived and Avril smiled at the scene.
The room was filled with the excited chatter of everyone and the faint sound of Christmas music in the background. Avril walked around checking to make sure everything was in order when Edward waltzed out of his room. His eyes widened as he saw everyone and the decorations.
"Avril? What is this"? He asked as his golden eyes widened.
Avril smiled at him, her eyes glowing. "It's a party! Come join us Ed", she said tugging on his sleeve.
"Brother"! Alphonse ran towards the duo. "Look at what Avril and I did! Isn't it beautiful"?
Edward couldn't suppress the grin on his face when he saw how excited his little brother was.
"Yeah. It looks great Al".
"Fullmetal, this is a great party you have here", Roy suddenly appeared in front of Edward.
"Uh well it wasn't really me. Avril planned it and Al helped".
Roy had a smirk planted on his face. "Of course. I knew those decorations were too high up for you to reach", he said pointing at the flashing lights".
Edward growled. "WHO ARE YOU CALLING SHORT YOU PYROMANIAC FREAK"?!
The door knocked suddenly, just as Ed had his metallic fist waving threateningly in Mustang's face.
"That's odd", Avril mused as she walked towards the door. "Everyone's here".
When she opened the door, the first thing she was greeted by was a blob of red. A man dressed in a red hat, a red suit, and black boots stood at the door. His white beard looked awfully familiar.
Avril nearly choked on oxygen. "Santa"?!
"Ho ho ho", the jolly old man said carrying a sack of presents as he walked inside uninvited.
Avril could only shut the door and follow the man inside the party. A few of the guests glanced at the oddly dressed man, but the others were either too drunk (Jean and Fallman) or too engrossed in their conversation (Hawkeye and Seska) to notice.
Santa walked past the guests towards Edward who was now alone with his brother in the kitchen; Avril following curiously behind.
Edward glanced at the man with his eyebrows raised. Alphonse also turned to see what his brother was looking at and was equally surprised to see the unfamiliar man.
"Avril who's this"? Ed asked.
She shrugged her shoulders, looking puzzled. "Santa"?
Al gasped. "Oh is this the Santa you were talking about?"
"Yo, Fullmetal pipsqueak".
Avril raised her eyebrows in surprise and before Edward could retaliate, a light flashed from Santa's body. In his place stood a familiar androgynous figure.
"Envy?!" the trio exclaimed in unison.
The homunculus smirked as he threw up his hands in seeming mockery and shouted "Merry Christmas!"
"How do you know about Christmas? I though it wasn't known here?" Avril asked.
"I overheard you telling the tin can about it", he jabbed his thumb in Al's direction. "Thought I'd crash the party", he added with a wicked grin.
Edward smiled at the homonculus. "Glad you could make it, Envy", he said knuckle-touching the male. Envy returned the gesture with a grin.
Avril gasped. "Oh, I can't believe I forgot to send Envy an invite! I forgot the other homunculi as well.. Sorry Envy".
Envy put up his palm to stop her. "It's fine. I knew how busy you were with other things".
Avril smiled at him. "Thanks for understanding."
Alphonse pointed at the bag on the ground. "Hey Envy, what's in there?"
Envy grinned as he opened the bag and in it was a colorful collection of boxes. "Presents!" he shouted. "I brought presents for everyone!"
Envy walked out of the kitchen with the sack and begun to distribute the gifts. The Elric brothers and Avril followed the homunculus into the living room. Alphonse went closer to the group receiving presents while Avril and Edward stood back. Avril smiled at the scene when she looked up to noticed something.
"Uhhh... Ed?" she tapped on the alchemist's shoulder.
"Yeah?"
Avril pointed towards the ceiling at a green object hanging there. A mistletoe. Edward's eyes widened when he looked at the object and a blush crept upon his face at his realization. Before he could back away, Mustang spoke.
"Well Fullmetal. It looks like you have the opportunity to kiss a beautiful young lady".
Ed's blush deepened as he yelled at Mustang.
"Shut up you creep! I don't have to do anything just because some stupid plant wants me too! And anyway she's only my friend!"
Envy slyly appeared beside Avril, clearly wanting to get in the midst of the situation.
"Well then Edward if you don't kiss her then I will, since we're both under the mistletoe anyway", Envy said, taking a step closer to the girl.
The young state alchemist looked angry and disturbed by Envy's words. He pushed Envy away from Avril before he could do anything.
"Oh no you don't. You're not kissing her... I'll... I'll do it, okay?" Edward grabbed Avril's wrists.
Envy just backed up and chuckled, mumbling to himself. "And they call ME jealous".
Avril had been silent the whole time and she looked at Edward curiously through wide eyes. Edward just looked back with those still fierce golden eyes and red tinted cheeks.
He closed his eyes and leaned in swiftly, gently kissing her lips for three seconds before breaking away. His face was even more flushed than it was before and he quickly walked off, leaving a blushing Avril under the mistletoe.
Avril stood there in shock, in her own world, before she realized that Envy was talking to her.
"Hey, I think you should go see your little chibi. He seems a little flustered".
Avril just nodded and left, still too surprised to even speak. She soon found him sitting on his bed. She walked towards him and found her voice.
"Hey Ed".
He jumped back in surprise and his cheeks adorned a familiar red color.
"Avril I... I'm sorry if you didn't want to do that I just-"
"It's okay Ed, really. I was just surprised that's all", she sat down next to Ed. "It wasn't bad really so you have nothing to worry about. Just blame peer pressure".
"So it's okay?"
Avril smirked at him. "Yeah it's cool. You could've kissed me a little longer though".
Edward's blush deepened and Avril laughed.
"Kidding kidding".
Edward relaxed and Avril got up and walked towards him. She turned to him one last time.
"Merry Christmas, Ed"
"Yeah. Merry Christmas".

----------------------/////--------------------
Merry Christmas!! I got this out on time (barely) yay!! And if I didn't get this out on time then you must be in another country or time zone. Soo again this has nothing to do with the main story and the next chapter will start from where we left off in the previous chappie. So Ed and Envy friends? Don't expect that later on (unless I change something hehehe). Ed and Avril kissed? Yeahh that's not being mentioned again. Also I didn't have an actual plot in this... it was all thought up in one go and it was pretty random for me to write. Sooo yeahh... I hope you have an awesome Christmas and a Happy New Year! See ya in 2014!! Bye-nee!!!