The sound of another notification from his phone kinda startled him and made him look at it immediately.

From: Yeji❤
soobin-ah!!!!!!!

The contact name made him look twice --- she definitely was not in his contact list, he's sure of that and if she was, he wouldn't save it like that.

From: Yeji❤
don't be shocked by it

i opened ur phone w/ ur thumb when u were sleeping and saved my number sorry not sorryy

hyeongjun just fell asleep after being hyper the whole night and it's waaaayyyy past his bed time yikes

anyway, i only get to sleep now :'<<

i'm really tired but i know you're a lot more tired than i am soooo

[audio message]

Soobin clicked on the audio message and he can't help as his lips twitch up in a smile as he listens to her threatening to pinch his cheeks if he's still awake and not sleeping.

[audio message]

He clicked on the audio again and was met by Yeji's voice singing along to an unfamiliar song.

And Soobin may or may have not listened to it repeatedly until he didn't notice himself falling into a deep slumber.

---

"Soobin-ah! Good morning!" Yeonjun greeted him as soon as he opened the diner's front door.

Soobin greeted him back with almost the same energy placing the basket full of flowers on the counter.

When he told his grandma about his new job, he's certain that there were some unshed tears in her eyes because she was just so excited. She even made sure to give them extra flowers that's way too many than what they niormally have

"You look a lot better today! You probably slept well last night right?"

Soobin scratches his head as he nodded, not sure why he's feeling a bit shy to admit that he did.

"That's wonderful!" Yeonjun beamed, ruffling the taller boy's hair that's still wet on the tip of his bangs who softly complained for messing up his hair.

"Stop fixing your hair, you look good okay? Now help me mop the floor."

Yeonjun chuckled, handing him the mop that he was holding.

Soobin was about to get the mop when someone cleared their throat from behind them, "Didn't I specifically told you to do that?"

"Oh you did?" Yeonjun innocently asked, "I probably didn't heard that mom."

His answer earned him a pinch on the side from his mother.

Yeonjun huffed, "Alright alright. But you're on mop duty tomorrow okay?"

"Okay hyung." Soobin chuckled, showing Yeonjun a thumbs up.

His mother ruffled her son's hair before telling him to quickly finish it because he still needs to something inside the kitchen.

She then asked Soobin to help her with arranging the flowers to put on every table.

Soobin was amazed as he watched her skillfully and beautifully arrange the flowers.

He surprisingly quickly picked up what she taught him. Wow, he never thought that he would actually rather talented with flower arrangements. Well you always learn a new thing or two everyday.