thirty-seven.

❏— Chapter Thirty-seven
˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳ Goodbye

"What? You're back home now?"

"Yeah and I think I'm gonna be grounded for the rest of my life," Soobin groaned, burying his head on his pillow.

"Wait, wait. Context please?" Beomgyu asked, confused.

So, Soobin started to tell Beomgyu everything that happened today and about Minhyuk's plan. He made sure to not miss any tiny details even though he himself has been kept in the dark by Minhyuk. But he trusts his older brother and he's hoping that whatever Minhyuk's plan is ⎯ it's a great one.

"That's the reason why Yeji looked so familiar when we first met. I think I saw her during your company's charity event last year," Beomgyu shared, nodding to himself as if everything's already clear to him now.

"Yeah and I think I've seen her father around the company..." Soobin added. When he first got a glimpse of Yeji's father, he had this weird thought that he had seen him before but he didn't put much thought about it before. But now, everything just makes so much more sense well... except for Yeji's behavior earlier.

Was everything really just an act to her? Was she lying the whole time they're together? But Soobin's not dumb and he's not that naive to notice whether someone's lying straight to his face or not. He completely understands why Yeji had to do those things, it was for her mother and there's nothing wrong with that. Soobin just can't explain why she acted so harsh on him and honestly... he's more sad than he's angry...

"I'm guessing your 'summer love story' didn't end well huh?"

That made Soobin frown at Beomgyu. "What love story are you talking about? Nothing even started... I didn't even get to confess..." he whispered the last part.

"The story have already ended before it even started... that's too devastating," Beomgyu sighed dramatically like a foolish hopeless romantic.

Soobin rolled his eyes. "You watch too many dramas, Gyu."

"Oh shut up. I know you do too," Beomgyu said, sticking his tongue out at him.

"Real mature, Gyu."

"Anyway, I am now convinced that first love stories never really end well. That's it, I'm never gonna fall in love," Beomgyu firmly said.

Soobin snorted at his best friend's statement. "As if falling in love is something you can ever truly control..."

"I want to give you a hug now. Do you want me to come there?"

Soobin shook his head, sighing. "No, it's okay. I don't think my father's men will even let you in anyway."

"Why not?" Beomgyu huffed. "I'm your best friend for their information."

"Sorry, Gyu. No can do, I'm literally on house arrest right now. Can't even go out of my room because there's literally two men guarding my door outside. Dad's orders."

"He can't just do that do you!"

"Well, apparently my father can since he's the one paying those men," Soobin defeatingly said.

Beomgyu let out a frustrated sigh. "You haven't talked to him about your situation then?"

"No, we were literally dead silence on our way home. But he said that we'll talk about everything when he gets home later. He needed to take care of something at the company first. My mom doesn't even have any idea that we're home right now because father literally just dragged us away from the village..."